Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a KN CAI, and that's about it for performance in my 1.8
I may do a muffler in the future, but it won't be a cat back - I am ballin this car on a budget :)

Looking at some of these modules and tunes, what would be the best route for a 1.8 auto - I don't want to end up with snake oil. Is there a preferred company that Cruzers lean towards?
Last car I had tuned was my Camaro and that was a dyno tune.

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
718 Posts
Get somebody who really tunes the car to do it such as Trifecta. Any of those canned tunes by Jet and others aren't as good. In fact, with a lot of older cars, what they used to do was redo the throttle tables. Meaning instead of you pressing halfway on the gas pedal and getting 50% throttle, you might get 75%. And most people would be fooled into thinking this was extra power.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I agree - go with Trifecta or Vermont Tuners. Trifecta is the more popular tune around here. In the meantime, check your spark plug gaps and ensure they are at 0.028" and the plug coil springs in the boots are straight. Even the 2013s have plugs gapped too small and the springs aren't guaranteed to be properly seated inside their rubber boots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts