Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
In the past these have just been cheap resistors that trick the ecu to dump more fuel. Go with a real tuning solution like trifecta or vtuner...

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks shawn, And where could I order the Trifecta Tune from? and this product will not void warranty correct me if im wrong

In the past these have just been cheap resistors that trick the ecu to dump more fuel. Go with a real tuning solution like trifecta or vtuner...

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Any modification to a vehicles ECU be it tuning or "sensor trickers" are legally voiding of your warranty. However for arguments sake like Trifecta, VTuner, and TurboTechRacing have stated if you remove the tune or module then the saying holds true... "What mother don't know. Won't hurt her". And you can keep your warranty.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Any modification to a vehicles ECU be it tuning or "sensor trickers" are legally voiding of your warranty. However for arguments sake like Trifecta, VTuner, and TurboTechRacing have stated if you remove the tune or module then the saying holds true... "What mother don't know. Won't hurt her". And you can keep your warranty.
Will any of those tuners cover the repair cost if Chevy does find out and refuses to pay?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Will any of those tuners cover the repair cost if Chevy does find out and refuses to pay?
The answer to this would be no. The tuners are no liable and you will get a disclaimer when you buy the product saying so. That being said... Do your research! If you decide to tune make sure its someone who knows what they are doing. and doesnt have a bad record of blowing things up

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
^ That question should be PMed to Trifecta or VTuner. Ultimately if you're responsible enough to purchase a new car then you should be responsible enough to manage the want of performance vs the need of a possible warranty issue.

Edit: my reply was to slow lol

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...let me paraphrase GM's answer to that question:

"YOU are responsible for ALL damages caused by anything that YOU authorized ANYONE else to do to your vehicle."

·
Registered
389 Posts
The way this trans works I would love to get a tune but on the other hand, the way this trans works I might need to have GM put in a new one.

Reactions: mattillakk

·
Registered
223 Posts
The way this trans works I would love to get a tune but on the other hand, the way this trans works I might need to have GM put in a new one.

I second that one! horrible tranny for this car. I know nothing about it so I might be blowing smoke up my @$$, but its a pain to drive this car going 40mph, then braking to around 20 and just getting that harsh shift that drastically slows down the car. Oo wierd oO

Just remember though, if you're worried about voiding warranty, you prob shouldnt be purchasing anything aftermarket. :( That's just the way the car world works. If you can't fix it or find out where to get it fixed then you probably shouldn't be doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the tips, im just gunna stick to my injen intake for now, worryabout my suspension then probably get the trifecta tune, heard a lot of good news about that tune for the cruze!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only thing i can find on turbotechracing is the jet chip. Not really going to go that route since i have no faith in those types of tunes at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts