Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Chasing wiring diagrams for my audio unit on my cruze. Also chasing the closest available wires for Vehicle Speed Sensor and Reverse.
Cheers,
Shaun

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
All I know is that the Cruze shop manual is the worst manual I have ever seen in 66 years of reading shop manuals. Pin numbers are missing, and just bits and pieces of circuit diagrams scattered over 3000 pages in three different volumes.

For electrical/electronic troubleshooting, you have to follow the flow. The flow in these manuals is tantamount to the same kind of flow you would expect to fine in a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Doing the same thing for replacing components with very tiny line drawings that don't even show what part of the vehicle they are located in, about the most worthless manual I have ever looked at. Somebody at GM is smoking crack.

Spent nearly an hour trying to find the DRL circuits in this thing, than gave up, Tables of contents and the index is positivity the worst ever. Did find out to change the head lamp bulb, like I needed the manual to do this.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Spent nearly an hour trying to find the DRL circuits in this thing, than gave up,
There isn't any. The low-beam headlight is driven by the BCM directly. The DRL function is in the software. The service manual doesn't go into software.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
I have all of the apprpriate information . If you can give a more detailed questionare . I will try to fill you in on what wires are what .. at this time I can only assume you are utilizing a cople of interfaces and are curious to exactly what wire color codes are for reverse , brake and speed sense .. you will need the RAP also Retained accessory Power .

Regards .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking of fitting an aftermarket sat nav/audio/reverse cam unit. I have been through the wiring and noted all the wiring colours and pin positions at the audio unit and ignition barrel (for acc obviously). So I have a fair bit of info already it was just me wanting some reassurance with the wiring diagram and trying to see if those 2 wires were close by the audio unit wiring so I didn't have to run excessive wiring. TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts