Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is my first post so please go easy. I've searched the forum but I can't find a clear answer. I've got a 2011 JH Diesel Holden Cruze CD and I love it.

I've recently had a front end bingle and would love to upgrade the standard CD front bumper to an SRIV with the foggies etc but not sure if it's a striaght swap.

If not what's required? Thanks heaps in advance & for taking the time to read my post.

Cheers

Chris (Mackay)

Has DFP Delete & Tune + Full K & N Intake

ne

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanna say g'day and let you know I love my cruze. I've had plenty of cars over the years but this has been one of my favourites, looks good, goes good, sounds good with the intake and is reasonably reliable and cheap to own.

Let me know if anyone knows if it's possible to upgrade the front bar from a CD to SRIV sriv?

DFP delete & Tune
K & N Full Intake
Lowered Springs
Simmons Wheels

Cheers

Chris

Hi Guys,

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
A guy in the Holden Cruze fb group has put a JH front on a JG, so it should work. I think the grille is the same. You may have to change the headlight switch as the fog switch is in it.

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
I should add that I have a 2012 CDX diesel and it also comes with fog lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome guys, thanks for your replies. It's the sriv front bumper i'm using which is slightly different to the CDX, I don't see why it wouldn't fit but just wanted to confirm.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,527 Posts
I just wanna say g'day and let you know I love my cruze. I've had plenty of cars over the years but this has been one of my favourites, looks good, goes good, sounds good with the intake and is reasonably reliable and cheap to own.

Let me know if anyone knows if it's possible to upgrade the front bar from a CD to SRIV sriv?

DFP delete & Tune
K & N Full Intake
Lowered Springs
Simmons Wheels

Cheers

Chris

View attachment 285989 Hi Guys,
Looks good now.

I don't see why not. Looks like the same body lines, headlights,hood etc.

For me though, it looks more the the US Cruze, although the trim is a bit different.

Do you know what the "V" in SRi-V stands for?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Oh, meaning...

Absolutely nothing, the marketing department just wanted something that they could hang on the car, so, someone came up with - or more probably stole - "SRi"[1] (with the added cachet of the lower case 'i'). then they wanted something for the next level up, "Oh, we can just add -V, and look, back to upper case, so incredibly cool!!"

If you don't understand just how vapid and useless vehicle naming is, you're lucky!

1 - Yes, they probably saw the phrase, "Short Ram Intake," somewhere, that may well be where they got it from.

·
Super Moderator
8,527 Posts
Oh, meaning...

Absolutely nothing, the marketing department just wanted something that they could hang on the car, so, someone came up with - or more probably stole - "SRi"[1] (with the added cachet of the lower case 'i'). then they wanted something for the next level up, "Oh, we can just add -V, and look, back to upper case, so incredibly cool!!"

If you don't understand just how vapid and useless vehicle naming is, you're lucky!

1 - Yes, they probably saw the phrase, "Short Ram Intake," somewhere, that may well be where they got it from.
Well, SRi does stand for Sport Rallye injected, I just cannot find the reference to the V.

·
Super Moderator
8,527 Posts
Well, if you believe that, then the "V" stands for "Veloce".

I knew you guys were "down under", but I didn't know you were reducido too!

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
The SRI-V is simply an upmarket trim level, leather heated seats, 18x8 wheels, etc. My daughter's 2015 SRI-V also has automatic windshield wipers, and the reversing camera has lines that bend when you turn the wheel to show where the car is going. My son has a SSV Commodore with lots of standard features as well.

·
Registered
2010 Holden Cruze CDX
48 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is my first post so please go easy. I've searched the forum but I can't find a clear answer. I've got a 2011 JH Diesel Holden Cruze CD and I love it.

I've recently had a front end bingle and would love to upgrade the standard CD front bumper to an SRIV with the foggies etc but not sure if it's a striaght swap.

If not what's required? Thanks heaps in advance & for taking the time to read my post.

Cheers

Chris (Mackay)

Has DFP Delete & Tune + Full K & N Intake
Hi Chris

It looks great. Can I ask what you did to get the side mirrors looking so good/dark? Mine have faded badly in the Aussie Sun. I've tried a few plastic restoration products but it fades again after a few weeks.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Hi Chris

It looks great. Can I ask what you did to get the side mirrors looking so good/dark? Mine have faded badly in the Aussie Sun. I've tried a few plastic restoration products but it fades again after a few weeks.

Cheers.
I was told to use a heat gun on the black parts to restore them. Be careful though as to hot can cause problems and a blow dryer won't be hot enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts