Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been lurking around since Oct when I purchased my 2013 Eco. Gotten several good tips and for the most part enjoy the posts. So here is my little slice of heaven for my car Cali. I am going to a few posts at a time and as I get things done I will try an share. I wont have too many "before" pics since most of you started with a "before" it seems redundant. Feel free to comment or ask me any questions.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Steering wheel bling!

So here is one of my first. I wanted to jazz up the inside just a little and this seemed to fit the bill. The unit came ready to install with adhesive already on it, but it was not the strongest and I felt that in the Florida heat it would on be a matter of time before it ended up popping off. So, I ordered some 3M double sided heavy duty for it. Removal of the existing piece is not necessary because this piece fits over it nicely. It also wasn't necessary to remove the assembly from the steering wheel, however, I wanted to insure the new piece attached well to the existing trim so I removed the assembly following the instructions that are in another post on the site. After removing the old adhesive and applying the new I used a couple of claps to hold the 2 together and I set it aside for an hour or so. Installing it all back was the reverse of dis-assembly and was easy. I must have done it right because the air bag didn't blow up in my face and the trim piece is rock solid!
20140531_151351.jpg 20140531_151401.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Door handle chrome(ish)

So to go with my new steering wheel trim I picked up some door handle trim pieces. I dont like the full "caps" that cover the whole handle but I do like the look of the LTZ chrome insert. I found these for $13. They are metal not plastic and they have 3M heavy duty adhesive on them. Install was easy and I think it breaks up the large expanse of door well. I made sure the surfaces we clean and I used alcohol to clean off any wax. Took 5 minutes and saved me a boat load of cash because I don't have to buy the LTZ handles now!
20140531_151224.jpg

·
Registered
479 Posts
Your probably going to get alot of people who say they like it but , i think it looks terrable peal that stuff of and sell it , it overlaps like crazy how can you live with that ??

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I can't see this on my phone I'll take a look later as I'm int after reading the post

Sent from iFail Mobile

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I like that door handle ! You are doing a fine job .

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have to agree with Stamas the steering wheel piece does not fit to good and kinda cheapens the overall look. The door handles look pretty good though. In the end though its about what you like and what you want. Don't let our opinions sway ya.

Reactions: stamas

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to agree with Stamas the steering wheel piece does not fit to good and kinda cheapens the overall look. The door handles look pretty good though. In the end though its about what you like and what you want. Don't let our opinions sway ya.
I was concerned about the fit as well once I saw it fit on and didn't replace the wheel piece. Now that its on it fits snug and the small edge doesn't impede or interfere with the use of the wheel at all. I think it will compliment the gage bezel when I get it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
LED rear bowtie

So I was a little hesitant at first on this one till I saw it on another Cruzers car on the forums. At the same time I replaced the standard license plate bulbs with LEDs. I think it turned out well.

20140603_205425.jpg
20140603_205449.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So there are only 5 attachments allowed. And somehow I removed the links from the posts. I will work on fixing it tomorrow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LED driving lights

So when I first got the Cruze I was going to install a set of factory fog lights. Once I started research on them I quickly realized that they are expensive and there were some better alternatives out there. After looking at several different styles of fog/driving lights I settled on these. I was a bit worried about the install after reading some took off the nose of the car and some used drive on ramps and went in from underneath. Well, I didn’t want to remove the nose of the car as that seems like overkill. Since I have no ramps I was going to jack up each side and support the car with jack stands to get to the underside of the bumper. While the car was in the air, I decided to try taking off the wheel and the fender skin. I am glad I did!! With the wheel off there was more than enough room for me to get access to the backside of the bumper behind the fender skin. I tapped into the side markers as several of you have and I was done. I have some 6000-6500k color bulbs in the headlights to try and even out the light from top to bottom. I think I may need to bump that up to 7000-8000k.

20140603_204954.jpg 20140603_205103.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
So far so good. I like the fogs your using. They look really cool. Are you going with aftermarket led tail lights/head lights or keeping the stock ones?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cali gets some bass...

So I wanted a lil more bass in the car. I am not into the "build a stereo system thing" anymore. Based on previous experience I decided on a Bazooka bass tube. I found a nice 8in powered tube on Amazon. An "Amazon Certified" unit. Never used but the box was damaged, which didn't bother me as long as the tube worked. Its one of the EZ install kits so it came with a harness and posi-taps ready to install. I tapped into the rear lines instead of the front as the instructions advise. This way I can control the sound and the intensity with the tone and fader controls. Its only a 50w unit but it sounds GREAT! I have bass turned down so the fronts don't have to work as hard on the deep notes and doing this makes the sound much more balanced. I know some of you guys swear that the only way to go is a custom build with all the trimmings, but that just isn't me and going that route sucks up too much money.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Retro bowties

So I wanted something other than the standard color bowties. The yellow just doesn't cut it for me. Seems like everyone is doing the black-out thing which is cool, but really doesn't go with my car. Especially since I have more chrome than not. So I was surfing and, looking at older Chevys I remembered that the bowties use to be blue. So I hunted around Amazon and found some blue chrome wrap samples for 99 cents a sheet for 8x4 inches. The wrap is not high quality, but this was more or less and experiment so more than likely I will get something a little more permanent soon. I tired to get a good angle to catch the blue shine, and I got a couple of shots. I will try again later on. So what do y'all think?

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
That looks really cool, good job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts