Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,455 Posts
And this is my tool chest (also on the 2nd story):

Ok. Enough with the boring stuff.
Whoooa, Boring??? -- You had me at tool chest !

[You really should click on expand!]

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
nice build man, a lot of the things you have on right now are on my to do list so I have a couple questions. I have the zzp gauge pod and the exact same boost gauge and throttle body spacer that you have, but I’m having a couple issues installing them. The pod fit in correctly with the gauge but as far as actually connecting the gauge I’m not really sure what to do. I’ve searched up a bunch of videos and I’m just a little confused. Since you have the exact same setup as me, how did you do it exactly?
This should get you most of the way:

How-To: Install gauges in a ZZP Pillar Pod A-Z Part 1

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
Yes, I do own a couple of those things... :)

I’m actually not in the best shape to tear into the car for a job like that, I’ve had a bad sleep disorder for 15 years and I was on 6 prescription meds to sleep. About 3 months ago I said enough is enough and I’m tapering off all but one and the last one is kicking my rear. I only have 7 hours of sleep in the last 5 days. I really wish I could have driven the car to ZZP for them to do the work but it just wasn’t feasible.

I’m ordering the springs, titanium retainers and stage one cam tomorrow. I will probably bring it into the Chevy dealership to do the work late next week. Then I’m done!! (At least until I’m not done :) )

I think with the springs and cam it should be into the 200+ whp, Tim thought so also.

I really can’t wait until you start your build! The rods and pistons got me interested.
I was under the impression that the cams will not do anything without installing the big wheel turbo as well.

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
I ordered a ZZP Stage 1 Performance Camshaft and got it in the mail yesterday. That got me thinking, why don't I build a performance head before I start the main build? That way it saves me down time when I start taking thing apart in the spring.

I ordered a bare cylinder head from GM. I already have the valve seals, upgraded springs, titanium retainers, rocker arms, lifters, and the cams. That just leaves valves and valve locks and I'll have a complete assembly.

That gave me another idea.....why not install upgraded valves while I'm at it? So, I contacted Manley Performance about custom valves. I will be sending them 1 stock intake valve and 1 stock exhaust valve so they can "copy" their basic dimensions and give me an estimate for upgraded valves.

I'll update with results once I have them. I'm expecting the estimate process to take a few weeks.
When you say upgraded, is that material and/or shape changes?

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
I'm going to send Manley, or maybe Ferrera, the valve samples and let them determine that. I'm assuming that the material could be improved upon since I'm going to be using a setup with greater spring force. As for the overall valve shape, I would hope GM put alot of effort into finding a design that works efficiently. But I'll see what the professional think.

Who knows? They may even tell me that the valves don't need an upgrade. The stock intake valve looks like steel coated in a black coating. But the stock exhaust valve looks like it's stainless steel or coated in stainless steel.
Although I find this scenario unlikely.
I did run across this pretty decent article:

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
UPDATE: My dreams of starting this build ahead of time and saving time during the build have been shattered. The F head that I ordered over a month ago was canceled by GM because the part has been discontinued. So now, the only option I would have to start early would be to purchase a fully assembled refurbished cylinder head, for $700. That would leave me with a lot of extra parts.

So, I guess the plan now is to disassemble the cylinder head that's on the car once I start the build and rebuild the head with my parts.
Before you buy a remanufactured head, take yours to a machine shop with your parts. It may be cheaper and faster.

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
Interesting....I just assumed most performance shops did.
It depends on what level tune you initially choose and whether or not the tuner specializes in your engine or not.

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
WOW.... I'm getting close that number but it would include the price of the car :p
I paid more than that just for my car, I am not telling about extras where my wife might see them.

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
Hot ****. That might still be better timing than I'm seeing for my subframe connectors. I ordered them about a month ago and still have no update on when they might actually ship.
For the Camaro?

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
Were you able to get the bar for between the struts? I have been trying to for a year and cannot find it in stock anywhere.

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
Unexpected Update: I have a problem and I need some help to fix it. I ran out of space, character wise, in my signature for all my mods. :LOL:

Not the end of the world, I know, but I'm open to ideas to rework my signature if anyone has one. I'm not the creative type.

PERFORMANCE MODS: Vermont Tuning E85 Flex Fuel Tune | Injen CAI| ZZP Intercooler & Throttle Body Spacer | 460cc Deatschwerks Fuel Injectors | Ported Intake Manifold | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSD Ignition Coil | NGK V Power Spark Plugs | ZZP Downpipe & Catted Mid Pipe | Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust | ZZP Guage Pod Pillar | Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge | Autometer Sport Comp II Boost Gauge.
PENDING INSTALLATION: Diamond 2816 Forged Pistons • Custom Pauter X Beam 4340 Billet • ZZP Big Wheel V3 Turbo w/Ported Compressor Housing & Wastegate Actuator • ZZP Stage 1 Performance Camshaft & Head Studs • ZZP 72Lb Valve Springs & Titanium Spring Retainers Rods • TTR Front Engine Mount & Rear Transmission Mount • Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs • Koni Adjustable Sport Front Struts & Rear Adjustable Sport Shocks • Whiteline 27mm Front & 22 mm Rear Stabilizer Bars • Whiteline Stabilizer Links

·
Administrator
13,455 Posts
The ones @Blasirl put up are the upper bars . Im not going to say they do nothing .. just that the lowers do more in my opinion.
I have them both as well as the Whiteline rear sway bar. The rear sway bar is one of the top best mods for this car stock or tuned.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts