Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

241 - 260 of 336 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,282 Posts
The front stabilizer links I bought are adjustable by about an inch. The rear end of my car doesn't have links. Just a basic fixed axel design.
Have you figured out how to tune the links yet? I considered them as my current front sway bar is rubbing. I definitely need to change something.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Have you figured out how to tune the links yet? I considered them as my current front sway bar is rubbing. I definitely need to change something.
Not yet, they're still in a bag.

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I thought I'd post an update since it's been a couple weeks. Yesterday I received my KONI struts and shocks. The boxes were beat up pretty good but, I opened things up and there's no damage.

1 strut, and the shocks. The other strut is off to the side.

I have everything I need for the suspension upgrade EXCEPT for the Rear Whiteline Stabilizer Bar. I guess it's on backorder so I emailed Whiteline last night to get an ETA. I haven't heard back yet. And before you say anything Pat, I saw you got yours already. ;)

It's supposed to be hot and humid next week so I was going to hold off a few weeks to install anyway.

Reactions: Snipesy

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
456 Posts
I thought I'd post an update since it's been a couple weeks. Yesterday I received my KONI struts and shocks. The boxes were beat up pretty good but, I opened things up and there's no damage.

1 strut, and the shocks. The other strut is off to the side.

View attachment 292481

I have everything I need for the suspension upgrade EXCEPT for the Rear Whiteline Stabilizer Bar. I guess it's on backorder so I emailed Whiteline last night to get an ETA. I haven't heard back yet. And before you say anything Pat, I saw you got yours already. ;)

It's supposed to be hot and humid next week so I was going to hold off a few weeks to install anyway.
Lmao wasn't saying a word bud.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully get yours soon... if it makes ya feel any better my coilover order has been silent since I ordered them.. no return emails when I've asked about ETA. And when I tried calling them today all I get is voicemail system even when trying to go to the operator...

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Lmao wasn't saying a word bud.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully get yours soon... if it makes ya feel any better my coilover order has been silent since I ordered them.. no return emails when I've asked about ETA. And when I tried calling them today all I get is voicemail system even when trying to go to the operator...
When I was looking for struts/shocks most of the Bilstein stuff I looked at was out of stock or not available. The Koni's I ordered were too. But Tire Rack was good in the communications department on updates.

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
I received a response from Whiteline about the Rear Stabilizer Bar. They said: " We have been experiencing heavy delays from US Customs to release our containers on time." They offered to give me 10% OFF my order if I could wait or otherwise they could refund my purchase entirely. They said they expect my order to ship by the end of June or Early July. I told them I could wait and they promptly refunded me 10% of the cost of the order. :)

@Mr_Pat that could explain your Bilstein holdup if customs are unusually slow.

Reactions: Blasirl and MP81

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
456 Posts
I got my coilover order refunded and now hunting a new set ,,, will be verifying they actually have them before I order this time,,,,

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,255 Posts
BNR was looking into carrying some new ones. Have you looked there?

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
I got my coilover order refunded and now hunting a new set ,,, will be verifying they actually have them before I order this time,,,,
Try ZZP.

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
UPDATE: I received an email today that my Whiteline Rear Stabilizer Bar has shipped. July came fast. :LOL:

I also ordered ANZO USA headlight and tailight assemblies.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,255 Posts
UPDATE: I received an email today that my Whiteline Rear Stabilizer Bar has shipped. July came fast. :LOL:

I also ordered ANZO USA headlight and tailight assemblies.
You’re gonna be able to cut turns like Jeff Gordon soon on the way to the grocery store!

Reactions: Mr_Pat

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
You’re gonna be able to cut turns like Jeff Gordon soon on the way to the grocery store!
That's the idea. I loved that about my Cobalt.

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Forgot to post merchandising pictures.....

I'll take more pictures once I get everything installed. I'm not sure what to tackle first, Suspension or Lighting? It's all going to arrive this week.

Headlight Housings:

Tailight Assemblies:

Morimoto HID Kit 6000K (low beams):

High Beam Replacement Bulbs:

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,282 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
I was moments away from buying the headlamps. I still am waffling though.
I've been seeing your posts in the searches I've been doing.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,406 Posts
I'd be curious what kind of pattern those put out.

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
I'd be curious what kind of pattern those put out.
I'll take pictures. They're one of the higher priced halogen projector housings "designed and engineered in Southern California"; However, I'm not sure that necessarily translates to higher quality, but I'm hoping it does.

Reactions: MP81

·
Super Moderator
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
UPDATE: I assembled my new strut assemblies.
All the components are new. KONI Sport Strut, Eibach Pro-Line Spring, GM Top Mount, GM Dust Cover, GM Lower Isolated. Surprisingly I discovered that I probably wouldn't have needed to use a spring compressor, but I did anyway. I only had to compress them about a 1/2" to get the top plate on and I could do that with my hands with the Eibach springs. :LOL:

Finished Assembly:

241 - 260 of 336 Posts