Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
941 - 960 of 984 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4t auto
90 Posts
Nice. The ZZP one bolts up pretty good too. The muffler doesn't sit straight though. Thinking they just welded the hanger for it in the wrong spot. Later this summer when I get time I'm going to pull it all.off and reinstall. Looking like I'm going to have to cut a couple of the pipes to get everything lined up how it should be.

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
UPDATE:

This afternoon, I finally installed the TTR lower transmission mount.The old one was starting to deteriorate. I had to move the steering rack to install it. On Tuesday I'm going to use this opportunity to lower the rear of the subframe a few inches and I should be able to finally install the Whiteline front Stabilizer Bar. Time for pictures.

The stock engine mount.
Bicycle part Auto part Font Circle Metal

Stock Transmission Mount & TTR Mount
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Auto part Automotive wheel system

The TTR Mount in place but not torqued.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,574 Posts
I'd say the stocker was actually okay - most of what was missing was just flashing between the actual structural parts of the rubber.

That said, knowing how much I like my TTR mounts, you're in for a great upgrade.

·
The Nuclear Option
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #944 ·
UPDATE:

Today's clusterF***, was removing and installing the front Whiteline Stabilizer Bar. The Whiteline Bar is almost double the weight of the factory bar. Installing it in car is a 2 person job. It took us (myself and my neighbor) 5 hours. All said and done, we lowered the rear of the subframe an inch, completely disconnected the steering rack, removed the lower transmission mount bracket, and marked up the paint on the firewall. But in the end, we were successful. I hope it was worth it. :LOL:

Here's the only picture I took between my frustrations. The Whiteline Bar is Silver. The factory bar is black.

Road surface Asphalt Grass Scaled reptile Sidewalk

·
COTM Winner
6,574 Posts
Yeah, that definitely doesn't look like one you can snake out without dropping ****.

My buddy and I were able to in my Cobalt, and it was even less of an endeavor (because the Cobalt was not fun) in my brother's Century...though that ZZP solid front bar was HEAVY (33mm solid).

My Cavalier I also had to drop the subframe to install (mainly because there was no way to get the brackets on without doing so, if I recall). When I went to do so, the first thing I did was snap the head off one of the subframe bolts. Luckily, that subframe developed a 360 degree crack later (not due to that bolt - the head no longer was providing clamp load load as the shank of the bolt was 100% fused into the sleeve in the subframe, but due to rust - the subframe came out in three pieces), so when I put in a new subframe, I plopped the FE2 bar right on there.

Reactions: JLL

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,251 Posts
Something must be defective with mine.
The first time I used a pantograph machine, I had to machine the groove into snowmobile crankcase halves. I was a new machinist and did not understand time trials. I did my absolute best for the first one and then the boss told me that was my baseline for piece work. I did everything to go faster to make more money as I was absolutely broke at the time. Needless to say, there were "minor" mistakes made.

·
Administrator
13,251 Posts
UPDATE:

Today's clusterF***, was removing and installing the front Whiteline Stabilizer Bar. The Whiteline Bar is almost double the weight of the factory bar. Installing it in car is a 2 person job. It took us (myself and my neighbor) 5 hours. All said and done, we lowered the rear of the subframe an inch, completely disconnected the steering rack, removed the lower transmission mount bracket, and marked up the paint on the firewall. But in the end, we were successful. I hope it was worth it. :LOL:

Here's the only picture I took between my frustrations. The Whiteline Bar is Silver. The factory bar is black.

View attachment 297186
I received mine last week. It will be a few weeks before I even think of installing it.

·
Administrator
13,251 Posts
UPDATE:

This afternoon, I finally installed the TTR lower transmission mount.The old one was starting to deteriorate. I had to move the steering rack to install it. On Tuesday I'm going to use this opportunity to lower the rear of the subframe a few inches and I should be able to finally install the Whiteline front Stabilizer Bar. Time for pictures.

The stock engine mount.
View attachment 297161

Stock Transmission Mount & TTR Mount
View attachment 297162

The TTR Mount in place but not torqued.
View attachment 297163
My TTR mount has finally mellowed out. Pretty much a bumblebee when I first installed it.

·
COTM Winner
6,574 Posts
My TTR mount has finally mellowed out. Pretty much a bumblebee when I first installed it.
Mine never has on my Cobalt - but that's fine, because it's exactly how I like it.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
The Nuclear Option
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #951 ·
I received mine last week. It will be a few weeks before I even think of installing it.
To be honest, if you have the money and that's all you're installing in that vicinity, I recommend having a shop do it. Or at least fully drop the subframe if you have the means. It was a BITCH to do it the way I did 🥺.

·
Administrator
13,251 Posts
Do you have both mounts?
Only the one you have pictured, for the trans. I just spent the last 20 minutes looking for anything about it that I may have posted and apparently I forgot to do so. I think I installed it around the time I installed the Eibachs. I had thought about installing the engine mount, but as a daily, it would be too rough. Now though, being close to retiring, I may install it.

·
The Nuclear Option
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #953 ·
UPDATE:

No Cruze time today but I picked up my custom downpipe. I'm debating if I should take it in a cerakote it. That would take a week or so if I do.

Shotgun Automotive exhaust Vehicle Automotive design Carbon

·
COTM Winner
6,574 Posts
How much is it "in" the engine bay? It probably won't be of too much help (aside from keeping it super pretty, depending on what kind of stainless it is) if it's just under the car, since that heat won't really be a problem in the first place.

·
The Nuclear Option
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #955 ·
How much is it "in" the engine bay? It probably won't be of too much help (aside from keeping it super pretty, depending on what kind of stainless it is) if it's just under the car, since that heat won't really be a problem in the first place.
ALL of it. Most of it is vertical.

·
COTM Winner
6,574 Posts
ALL of it. Most of it is vertical.
Then yep, I'd say it is worth it.

Real handy if you need to work around it shortly after shut-off.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
COTM Winner
6,574 Posts
And god **** can it look good:
Automotive design Nickel Font Metal Auto part

941 - 960 of 984 Posts