Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
121 - 140 of 1077 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,830 Posts
I prefer the box within a box to be a much tighter fit. You know, so you really have to fight it to get it out.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,152 Posts
Ok. I'm assuming you tried the yellow spring?
Jerry won’t let me. Begs the question though, maybe your tuner can. But in my instance there isn’t enough vacuum to let it blow off and open that valve with the higher spring. The turbo would just flutter. (Air going backwards over the blades)

·
Registered
145 Posts
@SlyCruze , what color spring are you using in your Forge valve?
im currently using the yellow spring, my Tune is set to 24-25 PSI. I ran the green one on the stock turbo but since putting on the big wheel it felt like it had a hard time keeping boost from leaking

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
im currently using the yellow spring, my Tune is set to 24-25 PSI. I ran the green one on the stock turbo but since putting on the big wheel it felt like it had a hard time keeping boost from leaking
This makes sense. 24-25 PSI, Is the BNR "mild" tune for 91 octane???

·
The Nuclear Option
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Jerry won’t let me. Begs the question though, maybe your tuner can. But in my instance there isn’t enough vacuum to let it blow off and open that valve with the higher spring. The turbo would just flutter. (Air going backwards over the blades)
Brian's a pretty smart guy when it comes to the LUJ. He just doesn't like the Forge valves. I want the sound. He says they stick and cause problems. But then again, they are piston style valves and require periodic cleaning and lubrication to function properly over time, unlike diaphragm style vales that are maintenance free until they rupture.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah, the "Mild" tune probably should be updated LOL. my BOV has not stick in the past, but do clean it once a while, I've had it on the car for at least 6 years now.

·
The Nuclear Option
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
UPDATE: I was wondering when the generosity of my tuner was going to run out. I purchased my original tune w/ an Autocal and a complete E85 conversion kit from him totalling $1,400 and up until now he has done a total of 8 tune updates for me at no additional cost. On Wednesday night, I emailed him about the tune update(s) for my build. One tune for break-in, and a second for after that. This morning I finally received an invoice from him for $350 with an email thanking me for my business and stating that "custom tuning for a larger turbo and performance camshafts may require additional time to complete. The quoted estimate includes up to 4 additional tune revisions".

To me that says: "I don't have a tune that's even close to what you'll need; So I'm going to make you one from scratch."

I really can't complain. I respect his time and his tuning capabilities. And I am turning my LUJ into something the GM never intended it to be. :LOL:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, I’ve had a bunch of tune updates as well . Everything from higher boost sensors to big wheel turbo. BNR has been really good overall. Like bigzeus mention only down side is wait times

Reactions: Thebigzeus and JLL

·
The Nuclear Option
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Yeah, I’ve had a bunch of tune updates as well . Everything from higher boost sensors to big wheel turbo. BNR has been really good overall. Like bigzeus mention only down side is wait times
I'm happy to pay for Vermont's great and timely customer service.

121 - 140 of 1077 Posts