Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've seen lots of people having issues with their speedometer jumping when stopped, but mine is doing it when driving at speeds around 60-100kph.Has anyone else had this issue? And how do I fix it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If you set the DIC to display the speed, what does it show? That would give a clue if it's in the gauge itself or in the data.

Looking over the manual, the output shaft sensor is connected to the ECM. The ECM reports the speed to the BCM and the BCM sends it to the gauges.

So, it could be something messing up the computer bus (got anything plugged into the OBDII connector?) or the output shaft sensor is a marginal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you set the DIC to display the speed, what does it show? That would give a clue if it's in the gauge itself or in the data.

Looking over the manual, the output shaft sensor is connected to the ECM. The ECM reports the speed to the BCM and the BCM sends it to the gauges.

So, it could be something messing up the computer bus (got anything plugged into the OBDII connector?) or the output shaft sensor is a marginal.
The DIC in the first cruze's in aus do not show the speed :( I wish they did! I have tried it with the cruze control on an it doesn't seem to affect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts