Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Jumpy traction in the rain with an eco manual

2074 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  tecollins1
So I'm curious now that its getting slippery and gross out again. I've noticed when its wet and slippery if i get on the gas too much in 1st that when the traction control kicks in I'm getting more of a pulsing jumping on and off of power that shakes the crap out of everything instead of a linear decrease in power. Just curious if this is normal for the traction control on the cruze to be so violent or if something is up with my car. If i turn off traction control it doesn't do it so its tc and not stabilitrack.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Normal. Mine did it too on the OEM Goodyear tires. The OEM tires are pretty good in the dry, and slip a lot in the wet. With the TC off they just spin linearly. Even with TC on the OEM tires would break loose through 1 and 2. The snow tires are a lot better in the wet.

· Registered
129 Posts
my 2012 RS does the same they are only trying to limit the power to the wheels, if you keep asking for more power you get the chugging of you telling the car to go faster and the trac trying to slow ya back down... you got to ease that baby into 1st when wet out.

· Contest Manager
2,239 Posts
Yeah when it first started snowing I kept the tc on and it cause me to keep stalling going up hill due to the jerkiness ( Manual noob) but now I just keep the tc off when there is snow on the road and no problems.
Btw this car handles alot better than my auto tiburon gt in snow.

Pic below was me on way to work yesterday. just made it up a steep hill no problem. Fire truck was for Simone else lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone 4 app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.