Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing but issues from day one, car goes dead if left for 2 days, it try's too start its self while turned off..rides like a tank..8 months before its payed off in the mean time..its going in the shop too get all the recalls taken care of..its a 2013 ..Chevy failed miserably on the making of this car..its basically a Cobalt with a different name..

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nothing but issues from day one, car goes dead if left for 2 days, it try's too start its self while turned off..rides like a tank..8 months before its payed off in the mean time..its going in the shop too get all the recalls taken care of..its a 2013 ..Chevy failed miserably on the making of this car..its basically a Cobalt with a different name..
It try's to turn itself on? Perhaps its haunted?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,500 Posts
If you spend a bit of time figuring out what is wrong, then looking for those solutions via the search bar, then asking questions about what is not clear instead of blowing off at a community that was in your shoes when they joined, you might get some more help and possibly some sympathy.

Is there a check/service engine light (CEL/SEL)? Any codes that can be read for free by AutoZone etc?

If so post them and the symptoms. Take your time and lay it out in bite size pieces and we'll see how we can help.

·
Administrator
25,204 Posts
First, define day 1. Is this day 1 with the car since it was new (i.e., purchased new) or day one of a used car purchase? This makes a difference as you don't really know why the car was traded if it was a used car purchase.

Second, remember that all 2013 Cruze are now at least six years old and things do wear out over time.

Finally, Blasirl and jblackburn are right - your initial post was a rant and the responses you got were typical responses to rants. Lay out the issues logically and ask for assistance on each one. Then try what we pass back to you as it may solve your problems.

Now on to assistance:

The first issue sounds electrical. Get the negative battery cable replaced per https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/special-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.102769/. Do this before spending any other efforts to resolve it. If replacing this cable doesn't work I'd then go to the battery - six years is a long time for a 12V battery to last. Basically I think you're having voltage/current issues in the car making it think you're trying to start the car.

The ride problems sound like either worn shocks or bad tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts