Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
These are amazing vehicles, and they only seem to get better with miles! :)

Reactions: BradHerr

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wish!

40mpg for me. 54,000km. I drive mostly highway, 115km/h. I do have to accelerate up to 115 about 10 times per round trip to work (150km)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I wish!

40mpg for me. 54,000km. I drive mostly highway, 115km/h. I do have to accelerate up to 115 about 10 times per round trip to work (150km)
All that acceleration might kill it. They do best at steady speed. The cruise control actually helps maximize the fuel economy.

Reactions: Gator

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I cruise 85 mph. If the wind is with me, and the stars line up correctly, I might get 44 mpg. Otherwise 30 mpg is pretty typical.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I cruise 85 mph. If the wind is with me, and the stars line up correctly, I might get 44 mpg. Otherwise 30 mpg is pretty typical.
Speed is reducing your mpg a lot.

Reactions: spaycace

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Nova scotia is nothing but hills, I would love to see my mileage on the freeways you guys have.

·
Registered
747 Posts
During a 120 mile stretch of straight, level, 60 mph 2-lane road late last summer, I was able to achieve a 50 mile best of 63.8 mpg and an overall 62 mpg for the entire 120 miles, and that was with 29,000 miles on the car at the time.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I find that once I get much above 72, the MPG drops dramatically due to drag. I see mid-high 30's at 78 MPH with a headwind.

Reactions: Barefeet

·
Registered
574 Posts
I know this is off from being a diesel forum I thought my car didn't get as good as mileage as I hoped. I know driving more speed limit will help. I got over 500 miles out of my last tank of gas 2014 ltz 1.4 turbo 14 gallons :) 75% highway 25% city 35.4 mpg & 48.6 average speed. I know you people are getting way better but I just wanted to chime in & yes I said it YOU PEOPLE.... LOL

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow..that is just unbelievable mileage...I know the first time I took my CTD on a trip at 55 to 60 mph I just couldn't believe how much the mileage just kept going up and up. I was blown away to see 64.8 mpg on my car....never dreamed you could see 78 mpg...just wish the mpg didn't drop off so fast once you get off the highway
Ok, now the rest of the story. I drive over the Continental Divide every day. I have about 55 miles going from 11,500 feet down to 5600 feet, so it's almost all down hill. The current average was done in a snow storm with snow and slush on the road. No, I don't average that high on the 500 mile average.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Ok, now the rest of the story. I drive over the Continental Divide every day. I have about 55 miles going from 11,500 feet down to 5600 feet, so it's almost all down hill. The current average was done in a snow storm with snow and slush on the road. No, I don't average that high on the 500 mile average.
Reset a trip odometer as you come out of the Eisenhower tunnel and take a picture at the next tunnel entrance just east of Idaho Springs. I'd love to see what a CTD gets on that stretch. I'll do the same the next time I come down that stretch and we can see how the ECO MT does there as well.

My prediction is that both cars will be somewhere on the high side of 80 MPG, possibly even above 90 MPG for this stretch of road.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I was going to ask what the drive was like. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Reset a trip odometer as you come out of the Eisenhower tunnel and take a picture at the next tunnel entrance just east of Idaho Springs. I'd love to see what a CTD gets on that stretch. I'll do the same the next time I come down that stretch and we can see how the ECO MT does there as well.

My prediction is that both cars will be somewhere on the high side of 80 MPG, possibly even above 90 MPG for this stretch of road.
Will do. I will let you know.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts