Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pondering between the Cruze and Prius, I just ordered the Cruze LTZ, black/black, fully loaded. It's my first brand-new vehicle. Retiring my '02 Malibu which has been quite reliable Had an '85 Olds Cutlass Sierra before that. Being only 30, I'm not ready to be labeled a geezer yet so I'm holding off on the Prius. Don't let me down Chevy!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Being only 30, I'm not ready to be labeled a geezer yet so I'm holding off on the Prius.
...nah, we wouldn't label you a geezer, but we might've labeled you a tree-hugger! (wink,wink)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha, not worried about being eco friendly. I was just looking to save money on gas. I could care less if the world ends from pollution or otherwise. I'm going with it if it does.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...there ain't much green stuff down here in the southern part of AZ (as you know), so being called "green" around here just means you're newbie (ha,ha).

·
Registered
50 Posts
CONGRATS!!!

CONGRATS on buying American!!!

The families that get fed by your choice to buy American Thank You as well!!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...yes, and here's what the lower-righthand box of the 2011 Cruze LTZ 'window sticker' reads:

FOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE:
_U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 45%
MAJOR SOURCES OF FOREIGN PARTS CONTENT:
_MEXICO 15%
_AUSTRIA 19%

FOR THIS VEHICLE: FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT: LORDSTOWN, OH U.S.A.
COURTRY OF ORIGIN:
_ENGINE: AUSTRIA
_TRANSMISSION: MEXICO

...sorta makes you wonder where the other 55% content comes from, don't it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
After pondering between the Cruze and Prius, I just ordered the Cruze LTZ, black/black, fully loaded. It's my first brand-new vehicle. Retiring my '02 Malibu which has been quite reliable Had an '85 Olds Cutlass Sierra before that. Being only 30, I'm not ready to be labeled a geezer yet so I'm holding off on the Prius. Don't let me down Chevy!

You will be more then happy. They did 6 million miles of testing on that car and it shows. When your 40 and hit mid life crisis the new Camaro along with your Cruze will fit the bill nicely :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
You will be more then happy. They did 6 million miles of testing on that car and it shows. When your 40 and hit mid life crisis the new Camaro along with your Cruze will fit the bill nicely :)
Im so looking forward to my mid-life Camaro. Was considering doing it this time but convinced myself it would be better to reward myself with it when I pay off the mortgage. I wonder if we will have an electric Camaro in 2016.

·
Registered
234 Posts
CONGRATS!!!

CONGRATS on buying American!!!

The families that get fed by your choice to buy American Thank You as well!!! :)
I noticed that when we took delivery of ours, that the drivers door had that same kind of sentiment sticker on it. It had the boldly colored 'Built in Lordstown,Ohio with American Pride' sticker. Cool in my book..:cool:

·
Registered
567 Posts
That use to mean something a decade or two ago but not anymore. There are more "import" American made cars with over 75% domestic parts than "domestics".
It still means something... not as much as years ago. At least the profits go to an American based company instead of Japan, South Korea, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts