Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 37 Posts

Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
Well, Not sure exactly how much power these cars are supposed to feel like they have honestly. I seems to drive fine. Has no power around 1500 but picks up above 2000, seems normal for a turbocharged car.
Yes - that's a normal powerband for a 1.4 manual. Clear the code and see if it comes back. Look for a busted intercooler, loose intercooler hoses, etc.

That said, the P0299 isn't uncommon for Cruzes. It's most often a worn wastegate pivot pin, which ultimately does require turbo replacement.

That piece is called the "water outlet". Leaks are usually caused by the hose that connects into the top of it from the coolant jug (it is called the "inlet hose" on most GM parts things I think). Check out the rest of the plastic around it to make sure it isn't cracked as well, as that isn't uncommon either.

Used they look to be around $400, New $500. Wouldn't it better to just go new? ANy link to the part number for the new oil line?

Just took the car on a 1000 mile trip this week for the holiday. 40mpg avg. Only problem was no power to pass anyone on the interstate. Otherwise it ran fine.
Really? I've seen them for $150-200 at LKQ. At that price, yes, it would be better to go new.

1 - 6 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.