Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been a large rig (Suburban, 1500 p/u) kind of guy. But this little rig will move. Using it to build my credit and I feel like it was a great buy. I have a 3yr. Warranty before I can really dig into the engine. Does anyone have suggestions for when I get to that point to maximize power. Like close to 300hp?

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
Welcome Nice choice of cars several of us have the same car. 2012 Eco 6MT. A couple of things to do for power is 1 using premium fuel and or considering a performance tune. I have a tune on my 2012 Eco and it surely woke the car up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same car. ('14 tho) love it. Currently looking into the BNR tune or more likely stage kit (comes with SRI). Tune won't get it to 300hp but will surely give it a kick in the pants.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome! Nice Eco! As for the 300hp comment, if you want that, you're gonna wanna buy a different car. The BNR tune does help the power significantly, but you'll never get one of these things to 300hp...well, not without some SERIOUS work and money.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,297 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes trying to reach 300 hp with a 1.4 ...

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, nitrous was about the only thing I was finding. I really appreciate the words. It really is a fun little car. Starting with the interior first. Subs go in this month. First time working with fiberglass.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Start with premium gas and then install an aftermarket performance tune. You won't get it to 300 hp but the tunes will bring out the best in this engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts