Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a new HB Premier RS was being sold for $20,900 and in white - which goes fast in Arizona. I drove 3 hours away to get it.

Of course, after I got talked into a protection package and add in finance charges, it's like buying it without the huge rebates.

I still love the car, though!

Two problems so far:

1.) I had a rear tire blow out on the highway just hours after I bought it. Not the car's fault, and the dealership is going to take care of it, but still sucks to ride on a donut in a brand new car

2.) There is a high-pitched whistle coming from engine. It isn't the a/c. Not too loud, but it just sounds weird. Going to ask my local Chevy dealer to look at it when they replace the tire.

What I love:
1.) Sporty, yet mature look.
2.) All technology is awesome. From navigation, to receiving text messages, bluetooth, and sound system. It was a little overwhelming when I was listening to navigation prompts and the "text received" chime kept coming on. But that's easily fixed by adjusting volume controls for both.
3.) Roomy for a compact
4.) Decent acceleration. Some YouTube car reviewers complained that the acceleration lags given the 157hp. It doesn't take off, but I don't feel like it's underpowered either. It also doesn't feel like the engine struggles when going up inclines - SO much better than Hyundai Velocitor in that regard.

What I dislike (no particular order):
1.) Child seat hooks are a bit of a pain to get to.
2.)It would have been cool if it came with a built in garage door opener, but that's no big deal.
3.) Wireless phone charger port doesn't work on my Galaxy S8+. It's still a nice place to set IPod if you use it via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh! I am also getting pretty good gas mileage. The dash says 33mpg combined so far. Not sure if that's just because I'm driving slow on the spare right now or what.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Nice color! Congratulations and welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Arizona area resident in California. Many Dealers pump up the tires to dangerous levels before sales to make the car appear better, a sales technique. I bought from Bradley in Lake Havasu, worst dealership in Mohave County. Did you happen to get 20% off MSRP, just saw that commercial. We have had new owners picking up 2017 units for less than $14K, insane!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from a fellow Arizona area resident in California. Many Dealers pump up the tires to dangerous levels before sales to make the car appear better, a sales technique. I bought from Bradley in Lake Havasu, worst dealership in Mohave County. Did you happen to get 20% off MSRP, just saw that commercial. We have had new owners picking up 2017 units for less than $14K, insane!

I hope I'm replying correctly. Yeah, pretty sure I got the 20% off MSRP. I was just looking at rebates which were over $6k between GM and dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts