Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Austin, just bought a used 2015 Cruze LT with Sun & Sound package, 22k miles, and Tech Package. Super stoked about it. I was highly worried about the leg room and the head space. I'm 6'2" and had I listened to some other posts/responses scattered across the internet I would've talked myself out of a beautiful car. Super stoked for a few reasons:

- Love working on my car
- Love improving performance with engine tweaks
- It's sexy inside and out
- The trunk has SO MUCH SPACE. Just loaded up 7 large trash bags full of clothes to donate and still have the back seat to fill up.

not stoked about:

- slow acceleration (any suggestions to improve performance in this area?)
- Bass is so crisp and pumping it scares the rear view mirror..
- People getting jealous and touching the car.

Super stoked. Never ventured onto the forums before for car ownership, but owning it outright I feel like I have total control to tweak it and supe it up - someone tell me where to start!!

Warmest
Cielo

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I'm from Austin, just bought a used 2015 Cruze LT with Sun & Sound package, 22k miles, and Tech Package. Super stoked about it. I was highly worried about the leg room and the head space. I'm 6'2" and had I listened to some other posts/responses scattered across the internet I would've talked myself out of a beautiful car. Super stoked for a few reasons:

- Love working on my car
- The trunk has SO MUCH SPACE. Just loaded up 7 large trash bags full of clothes to donate and still have the back seat to fill up.

not stoked about:

Super stoked. Never ventured onto the forums before for car ownership, but owning it outright I feel like I have total control to tweak it and supe it up - someone tell me where to start!!

Warmest
Cielo
Congrats Cielo, stoked you joined...Welcome!

(By the way, I flew from PHX to Austin to buy my used '14 Cruze Diesel from a private party in Georgetown)

·
Registered
58 Posts

- Love working on my car

not stoked about:

Warmest
Cielo
I can help you with the slow acceleration lol Check out my build on the owner projects section and my YouTube channel: will cochran. I can tell you that you'll want to start with a custom remote tune from Brian at Vermont Tuning LLC.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I wonder how many totaled Cruzes are going to be showing up for sale after Hurricane Harvey?
Flood cars that sat in 3' of brackish muddy water for days, then sat damp in a CoPart yard for a month or three before going to the auction block...yuck. I bid on a crashed Premier yesterday that had been sitting at CoPart since May 1st with a broken window, usually they tape plastic over them but not this one. I didn't realize how expensive gen2 airbags were when I bought my 2017, now I'm looking for a gen2 parts car with good airbags.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome first issue we hear a lot about:

While tuning the engine will help resolve that: A quicker and less involved resolution would be: Put only premium fuel in the car and
do not touch 87 octane or lower: While it will "run" on them higher octane fuel (89 or better)is a quicker and easier resolution.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. The bass thumping is a setting in the stereo - sounds like the previous owner liked their bass. Performance - take a look at BNR's web-site for a performance tune. They're closed right now thanks to Irma but hopefully will be open again soon. In the meantime try 91 octane, which I think you'll need for the performance tune anyway. People touching your baby - I've heard shotguns filled with salt rock will stop this :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome first issue we hear a lot about: .

While tuning the engine will help resolve that: A quicker and less involved resolution would be: Put only premium fuel in the car and
do not touch 87 octane or lower: While it will "run" on them higher octane fuel (89 or better)is a quicker and easier resolution.
This is super helpful. I saw the owner's manual suggests only Top Tier and that's what I'll be putting in it from now on, but can only guess what the single previous owner used in it. Wondering if I should get the engine cleaned...

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Wondering if I should get the engine cleaned...
Not sure what you mean by this but I would check the spark plugs and air filter and as suggested the higher octane gas. 89 has been doing well for me in my 2 LTs

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder how many totaled Cruzes are going to be showing up for sale after Hurricane Harvey?
Would certainly hope that anyone purchasing any used car after the terrible flooding would check to see
where any car had been orginally sold and used and also have it properly inspected prior to purchasing!

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Welcome! To help combat the rearview mirror shaking, it's probably loose which happens more often than not. Remove the plastic covers on the windshield behind the mirror (I stick fingers in the middle of them and push hard outwards toward each door [warning they fly apart]) and you'll see a T-20 torx screw I believe, make sure it's snug and the mirror will hardly vibrate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.