Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought her new about a year ago, several road trips, lots of daily grinding, and a few car washes later...

Things I have had to do: monthly oil changes (every 4.5-5k miles), 2 fuel filters (dealer charges me 230 to do an oil change, rotation, and fuel filter), a bottle of stanadyne every 3 or 4 tanks, a few boxes of DEF from the local autoparts store, and I am about to change the tires for the first time (probably a little late, but whatever)

Complaints up to this point: still not happy with the drivers seat, but im not losing any sleep over it either... some **** opened his door into my rear fender, so thats great, I seem to have started a collection of rock chips on the windshield and ive noticed some paint issues where the bumper contancts the rear fenders (looks like poor prep work). The navigation system works great, until it doesnt, then it reboots and putters along again, not a deal breaker, just a little annoying.

I do 75-80 for about 2 hours a day, pretty hilly, get right around 38 mpg (she will do better, i just dont pay as much attention to fuel economy since diesel is still $2.39 here)

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
Why are you replacing the fuel filters? I thought those were good for a lot longer than the 30K you put on them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Fuel filters are based off of gallons of diesel used, not miles driven. If he's only averaging 38 MPG, I would say 2 at 60k sounds about right. I'm at 48k and have changed mine once, but my MPG is a bit better than his.

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
Fuel filters are based off of gallons of diesel used, not miles driven. If he's only averaging 38 MPG, I would say 2 at 60k sounds about right. I'm at 48k and have changed mine once, but my MPG is a bit better than his.
It's a good day - I learned something. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
$2.39 for diesel, you lucky dog! It is still $2.66 here. Sounds like all in all things are going well for you. You are putting in some serious seat time.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Bought her new about a year ago, several road trips, lots of daily grinding, and a few car washes later...

Things I have had to do: monthly oil changes (every 4.5-5k miles), 2 fuel filters (dealer charges me 230 to do an oil change, rotation, and fuel filter), a bottle of stanadyne every 3 or 4 tanks, a few boxes of DEF from the local autoparts store, and I am about to change the tires for the first time (probably a little late, but whatever)

Complaints up to this point: still not happy with the drivers seat, but im not losing any sleep over it either... some **** opened his door into my rear fender, so thats great, I seem to have started a collection of rock chips on the windshield and ive noticed some paint issues where the bumper contancts the rear fenders (looks like poor prep work). The navigation system works great, until it doesnt, then it reboots and putters along again, not a deal breaker, just a little annoying.

I do 75-80 for about 2 hours a day, pretty hilly, get right around 38 mpg (she will do better, i just dont pay as much attention to fuel economy since diesel is still $2.39 here)
Is that a trouble-free 60K miles?

·
Administrator
15,615 Posts
The lumbar kit I have a group buy open for goes a LONG way in improving the driver seat comfort on long drives. It eliminated all of my lower back soreness on long drives. I can't imagine driving my Cruze without it now. Since my wife has been driving it too, she definitely notices the difference when she sits in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
that's awesome feedback! I've got a '14 LT Turbo that just broke 100,000kms (thats 60kmi) and am looking to upgrade to the diesel powertrain!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the only thing we had break was the the flappy mirror cover on the drivers side.. which my wife "swears" just fell off... uh huh...

She has been an awesome little car. Regarding the fuel filters, I had a horrible experience with a 2007 LTZ Suburban and the flippin lifter issue. (GM was telling everyone that using upwards of 1.5qts of oil ever 5k miles was normal....) I ended up having the block replaced, and almost swore off GM vehicles alltogether. The run around i got from the warranty people made taking this to dealer for everything a non issue. (i had done all my own maintenance, oil changes etc, it was a 5.3.. not rocket surgery) as long as this powertrain is still covered, its on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts