Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone of you have had the same problem? I've just checked my credit and saw the dealership that I purchased the Cruze from had run my credit 15 times while I was at the dealership. I did not give them permission to run it 15 times only once, any ideas how to sort this?

·
Registered
703 Posts
This is normal and the additional hits won't affect your credit. The dealership submitted your info to their underwriter, who then farmed you out to all their associated lenders to see who would make the best offer ("best" for whom is left as an exercise for the reader).

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I have 4 inquiries when I got my car loan, all labelled 'hard'. Too many hard inquiries do hurt your credit.. shows desperation for credit, which could mean you need money(not that you do, credit just thinks so).

Regardless, even if there are numerous hard inquiries, they only last 2 years before they are wiped off your report. Granted you will still have your loan out well after that, just keep making the payments ontime and your score will skyrocket. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Actually they will all be listed as one inquiry..even tho they show individually. Any future lender will see why there was so many and will not affect a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Yup cars and homes, don't worry about it but if you have 15 credit card inquiries then you have issues.
Loaners know that when you are shopping for a home or vehicle you will not be going with the first offer. And like Coinneach said, dealers will submit to tons of lenders.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My understanding is that as long as they run it a bunch of times in one day its fine when applying for a loan.

If u went to a dealership every day for a week and had them run your credit than would provably not look good

Sent from my YP-G70 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
They will also fall off after 6-9 months and no longer have any effect on your score.

I probably have 15+ on my current credit report and still am over 750. It's not a big deal and it's not permanent.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
'Hard' Inquiries will disappear after 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts