Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get a Curze ever since EFILive announced they supported tuning them cuz they have a turbo and I LOVE anything worth forced induction! I've been a turbo guy for a long time and really wanted a Cruze for a gas mileage car but really didn't "need" one. So I was browsing Craigs list a couple weeks ago and came across a 2012 LT with 28K for only $9980 and thought what's wrong with it??? So I emailed them and turns out it was a Salvage Title car.

Went and look at it and looked pretty good. Nothing major wrong with it, it had been hit in the right front, but repaired pretty well. (Strut, fender, hood and bumper from what I could tell) This didn't bother me since I'm a mechanic and know what to look for in things like this. There was no frame damage, was mostly a cosmetic repair. The air bags had deployed, but they only just replace the covers and none of the Air bag stuff, so I'm in the process of fixing that now. About $700 and some help from some friends and should be good to go. It drove well and seemed good to go so I talked them down to $9100 and bought it ;)

Since I'm a horse power junky at heart, I didn't have it but 2 days and I was already tuning on it with My EFILive, lol. Runs a lot better. :) Last night, I installed a CX Racing intercooler kit on it, but then today, I found the parts list to get everything from Frozen Boost to build your own and wished I'd have just done that and saved some money... Oh well, you get in a hurry and you pay the price. ;)

I'm also converting it to be a full flex fuel E85 car. I bought the Ethanol sensor and 42lbs injectors, I just need to get them installed and then turn on the sensor in the tune since it's already setup from the factory for it, it just needs it turned on and a few tables adjusted for it. Then I can have cheap gas and good performance. I'll have to mess with it and find out what blend of e85 and cheap 87 oct will get me the best MPG and HP. I'm thinking about a 20-25% mix of E85 to 87. Should be fun! :)

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Glad to see one saved from the boneyard!

And, can't wait to see what you do with it!

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Nice! Congratulations and welcome aboard CT. I did not see if you got and Auto or Manual Trans car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an auto. Kinda wish it was a manual, but I like it still. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and it's white with dark gray interior. Pretty well optioned too. When they repared it, the the front bumper was from an RS car but they didn't get the fog lights so I just added them today and I put a lip spoiler on the deck lid too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts