1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Nice video.

Mine makes this annoying claking sound like it was loose inside. It is pretty snug when the door is shut. Yours didn't sound like it was doing it even at high speeds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I love the results that mine provides, but I do have a few complaints:

- I have that annoying rattle too. Stuffed the case more and it doesn't help. If I take the camera out of the case and shake it like I'm mixing a drink, it makes the noise again. So it's inside the camera.
- The files are huge. I like the high quality video, but it sure limits what I can do with it.
- I don't like how easily I can get it off of video mode- accidentally had it take pictures every two seconds for about 20 minutes instead of a video one time. That was fun.
- The battery life on mine is terrible. I did get about an hour and a half one time, but when I just took it to Lordstown, it barely lasted a half hour on a full charge the night before.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

- I have that annoying rattle too. Stuffed the case more and it doesn't help. If I take the camera out of the case and shake it like I'm mixing a drink, it makes the noise again. So it's inside the camera.
- The files are huge. I like the high quality video, but it sure limits what I can do with it.
- I don't like how easily I can get it off of video mode- accidentally had it take pictures every two seconds for about 20 minutes instead of a video one time. That was fun.
- The battery life on mine is terrible. I did get about an hour and a half one time, but when I just took it to Lordstown, it barely lasted a half hour on a full charge the night before.
IIRC the noise is due to the wind canceling technology that the GoPro has most ever video I've seen does it. Id rather have that noise then wind noise.

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts

Hmmmm ever if mine was defective and never knew. Could be something broke off inside. Imma test it later.

I solved the battery issue by getting extra batteries. Amazon sells a charger and 2 batteries for around $25.

The power button is annoying as well. Constantly ends up in camera mode. Thinking about selling mine and getting the new one with wifi.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmmm ever if mine was defective and never knew. Could be something broke off inside. Imma test it later.

I solved the battery issue by getting extra batteries. Amazon sells a charger and 2 batteries for around $25.

The power button is annoying as well. Constantly ends up in camera mode. Thinking about selling mine and getting the new one with wifi.
The Hero3 is awesome with wifi you can use your iPhone as a screen.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Wow, wonder if I was drunk when I replied to this thread as I hardly remember any of my posts. I have the 2, thinking about getting the 3 because I got so annoyed at not getting the right angles or shots I wanted that I stopped using it. Wasn't impressed with the quality either, so all the "good videos" on you tube are post-production. My friends point and shoot canon got better video and sound when we went to six flags.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I have the Hero 3 Cheaper Version lol Love it.

Reactions: altonb93

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
I have the original GoPro, got it when they started marketing them at SEMA about 5 years ago. I have been thinking about upgrading it to the new Hero series though.

I originally bought it to use in my old TransAm while at Racing Events.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts