Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was getting tired of daily driving my truck 30 miles per day (05 Dakota gas hog) so couldn't pass up the slick 24 month lease. Got a 1LT Auto with Tech package, Sun and Sound, and Driver Convenience. MSRP $23,250 ish. Really liking the 35 mpg lifetime average so far. The mylink locked up on me pulling out of the dealer lot, but they were closing so I just unhooked the battery at home for a few minutes and that fixed it. It hasn't happened again so hopefully just where I was hooking bluetooth and usb up all at once messed it up that one time. I'm going to use bluetooth to stream my IPhone 6 Plus music as it works better than USB and sounds almost as good. Think it needs alignment adjusted but service said to wait until 500 miles before GM recommends checking it.

Anyway, after a $500 private offer, $918 in GM card cash, and the dealer and Costco discount, my payment for 2 years and 30,000 miles is only $158 with only first month due at signing. Plus, Costco is sending me a $700 cash card, making my effective payment only $129 per month! Looking forward to browsing occasionally and hoping the next 2 years goes smoothly!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !.
What color is your new cruzen if I may ask and Please Post up some Pics we love Pics here ...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Was getting tired of daily driving my truck 30 miles per day (05 Dakota gas hog) so couldn't pass up the slick 24 month lease. Got a 1LT Auto with Tech package, Sun and Sound, and Driver Convenience. MSRP $23,250 ish. Really liking the 35 mpg lifetime average so far. The mylink locked up on me pulling out of the dealer lot, but they were closing so I just unhooked the battery at home for a few minutes and that fixed it. It hasn't happened again so hopefully just where I was hooking bluetooth and usb up all at once messed it up that one time. I'm going to use bluetooth to stream my IPhone 6 Plus music as it works better than USB and sounds almost as good. Think it needs alignment adjusted but service said to wait until 500 miles before GM recommends checking it.

Anyway, after a $500 private offer, $918 in GM card cash, and the dealer and Costco discount, my payment for 2 years and 30,000 miles is only $158 with only first month due at signing. Plus, Costco is sending me a $700 cash card, making my effective payment only $129 per month! Looking forward to browsing occasionally and hoping the next 2 years goes smoothly!
Sounds like you got a great deal. Did you use the Black Friday promo offers and money or did you lease after that? 15 k miles a year is good too, although I'd bust right through that in 6 months.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome and Costco is a Top Tier fuel source as well. Wish I could lease, I'm already 55K in 2 years later.
Yeah, that's my problem too, too many miles......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like you got a great deal. Did you use the Black Friday promo offers and money or did you lease after that? 15 k miles a year is good too, although I'd bust right through that in 6 months.
GM currently has $1,700 lease cash and $1,025 incremental lease cash on the 2016 Cruze Limited. The black friday incentives, if they were still in effect on 11/28, did not apply to leases. The finance manager at the dealer (a small old school dealer who was very cool and different than the big conglomerates,) showed me all the incentives that applied to the lease on the screen.

Here is some quick math I did, assuming I can repeat the deal for a similar car and payment in 2 years:

I am paying $158 per month with nothing down. The car MSRP was $23,245. I can drive it 15,000 miles per year with no penalty. Let's say I could have paid $20,000 cash out the door for it after discounts, rebates, tax, etc... If I keep that car for 10 years, it costs me $166.67 per month to own it. Keep in mind this is for the car only. This car will have 150,000 miles on it in 10 years. I will have had to buy brakes, wipers, tires, oil changes, who knows what else to keep this car going.

With my $158 per month lease, I am paying $10 less per month and saving $1,200 over the 10 years. Plus, I never have to buy tires, wipers, brakes, battery, oil changes, whatever else needs breaks and needs replaced to keep a car going for 10 years and 150,000 miles. I am under full warranty the entire time. I am even covered under GAP insurance since the GM leases have it built in. There is no fee to turn in a GM lease and lease another one. The only two risks I take is not being able to get another $158 per month lease in 2 years. I am willing to take that risk because I am sure this practice of incentives on leases of slow selling or outdated models will not change in the next ten years. The other risk is being charged for excess wear and tear on turn in. Again, I get to get a new car every 2-3 years so if it costs a couple hundred then so be it. It costs a couple hundred to change the transmission fluid or new brakes on 5 year old car with 75,000 miles.

Of course, all this assumes you only need 10,000-15,000 miles per year, your credit stays good, and you don't need a larger vehicle. (I just need a commuter car).

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
We have been waiting for you for like 2 years ..we trashed that cruzen for 2 years .. Just saying we do a lot of stuff here ..I really do not like that color . But IT's yours ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have been waiting for you for like 2 years ..we trashed that cruzen for 2 years .. Just saying we do a lot of stuff here ..I really do not like that color . But IT's yours ..
Ha! Well I am too old and got other stuff to worry about more than the color of my car. A son, a wife, in-laws in the downstairs apartment, mortgage, career, dog, etc...

It's cheap and good on gas and if it breaks the dealer will fit for free while they give me a loaner, so one less thing to worry about!!

See what you young bucks have to look forward to!!!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Ha! Well I am too old and got other stuff to worry about more than the color of my car. A son, a wife, in-laws in the downstairs apartment, mortgage, career, dog, etc...

It's cheap and good on gas and if it breaks the dealer will fit for free while they give me a loaner, so one less thing to worry about!!

See what you young bucks have to look forward to!!!
Ya really have yer hands full ..

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oh wow interesting! So the current design will be in the 2016 lineup along side the new one? Yay all of us who have current generation can still feel up to date lol!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that's why GM put $2,775 lease cash and a 0.96% finance charge (money factor) on the table for a 24 month lease! These 2016 Cruze Limiteds are going to be outdated very soon!

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
FWIW, Chevy has done this with before. My wife has a 2005 Chevy Classic. All it is: the old body style of the Chevy Malibu(1998 - 2003) that they redesigned in 2004 to be more "boxy". So for 2 years they manufactured 2 versions of the Malibu 2004 and 2005 there was the Chevy Classic(old body style) and they actual Malibu(new body style). I seriously doubt they will do that again with the Cruze unless people tend not to like the new body style.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The 2016 Limited is a 2015.
Oh wow interesting! So the current design will be in the 2016 lineup along side the new one? Yay all of us who have current generation can still feel up to date lol!
Yeah that's why GM put $2,775 lease cash and a 0.96% finance charge (money factor) on the table for a 24 month lease! These 2016 Cruze Limiteds are going to be outdated very soon!

Correct, the 2015 is called Cruze and the same identical car in a 2016 is called Cruze Limited. The new one ( redesign) is due out next month ( Jan 2017) and I expect that with the model year (2016) changeover & the redesign, the value of the old ones ( including Cruze and Cruze Limited) will drop like a rock. Nice thing is on a 2 year lease, you drive it for 30k miles send just give it back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts