Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Congratulations. But do tell us more about what you ordered.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Congrats....hope you enjoy your Cruze diesel as much as I love mine. Took a 250 mile trip today, it was a sunny day, gave it a nice car wash, cleaned junk out of inside. How long until you get your new wheels?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Welcome, and details please! :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Congrats. I traded in my 09 TDI in Jan 2012 for a 2012 RS 2LT and haven't looked back and this was way before scandal hit. I was very concerned about the HPFP imploding.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just put a deposit on a custom order. I turn in my 09 Jetta TDI for buyback on the 14th. I'm very excited.
Ah, Mk5 Jettas were beautiful cars...

I think you'll be happy with the diesel Cruze. Welcome aboard.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Details: kinetic blue, automatic, just about every option you can get except the 17" wheels. I just can't justify $2000 for them.

I got supplier pricing by telling them I was getting Costco pricing at another dealer (which was true). Still doesn't seem like much of a deal. Nothing like what others on here have talked about.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Details: kinetic blue, automatic, just about every option you can get except the 17" wheels. I just can't justify $2000 for them.

I got supplier pricing by telling them I was getting Costco pricing at another dealer (which was true). Still doesn't seem like much of a deal. Nothing like what others on here have talked about.
When you order, you probably don't get a firm price, incentives are based upon delivery date, not order date.

·
Registered
300 Posts

I used supplier pricing on mine through my work. It didn't seem like a great deal to me either, but the margin is pretty low on small cars and the diesels are so new that they're not making stupid deals on them right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts

What is the wait time, I thought about ordering and was told by a dealer it could take up to 90 days. Found a deal in another state and got it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was told 4-8weeks but sold orders usually come in on the short side of that window. I haven't been given a build date yet. Once I find out anything I'll post here.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
That's how it works with GM. Stinks.. went through that on a new truck purchase.
Sales are slowing industry wide, car sales are quite slow, you should get a good deal with incentives.

Reactions: BoostN

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you do not know how much you are purchasing the Cruze for until it comes in to determine what GM deals are set at, yes?
Correct. I was told that if it is built after April 30 I would have to see what the May incentives are. March was $500, April is $1500, here's hoping May doesn't go back to $500.
I was told as soon as the car has a VIN assigned, the sale can be completed. The car doesn't necessarily have to be delivered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a Premier Hatchback today in southern California. Used Costco's Auto Buying Program. Paid $2,000 under invoice. MSRP is $29,465. Invoice was $28,661, so less $2,000 comes to a sale price of $26,661 - which is almost a 10% discount BEFORE incentives. Then less $1,500 GM Bonus Cash, less $1,000 GM Finance Assistance, less $4,000 GM Buypower card earnings and less $500 Farm Bureau certificate. Botton line was $19,661 plus tax & license etc. I am stoked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not a diesel, but a good deal regardless.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts