Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Cruze owner's.
I just purchased a 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LT(Mosaic Black Metallic) for a commuter. I love this car so far. I told myself I was going to keep this vehicle stock. Yet, coming from many years of modding/building vehicles I think this will be a little harder than I thought. I already have a small list in my head(keeping warranty in mind). It will consist of:

• Tint
  • CAI
  • A subwoofer/amp install
  • LED lowbeam bulb kit
  • A wheel package(right now I'm going to purchase a 16x8 I believe and run an aggressive summer tire w/the thread pattern I like.) I'm leaning towards a black wheel with a simple 4-5 spoke design.
Once my warranty expires, I will then inquire for a tune to make it a little more fun along w/ the other available performance mods for the 1.4L turbo.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
What's up Cruze owner's.
I just purchased a 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LT(Mosaic Black Metallic) for a commuter. I love this car so far. I told myself I was going to keep this vehicle stock. Yet, coming from many years of modding/building vehicles I think this will be a little harder than I thought. I already have a small list in my head(keeping warranty in mind). It will consist of:

• Tint
  • CAI
  • LED lowbeam bulb kit
  • A wheel package(right now I'm going to purchase a 16x8 I believe and run an aggressive summer tire w/the thread pattern I like.) I'm leaning towards a black wheel with a simple 4-5 spoke design.
Once my warranty expires, I will then inquire for a tune to make it a little more fun along w/ the other available performance mods for the 1.4L turbo.
Welcome, @Choppacabra! Can't wait to see what you do to make this one "yours".

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,845 Posts
What's up Cruze owner's.

• Tint
  • CAI
  • LED lowbeam bulb kit
Welcome aboard!(y)

Why 16" rims? Any rim from any Cruze (except Gen I Diesels) will fit. 16 / 17 /18, Also Sonic and I've been told Volt rims as well.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think a 16x8 4 spoke with say a 245/50/16 summer tire on a car could look really unique and aggressive!

You really need to be lowered to pull it off I think. It's likely gonna be tough to find a 4 spoke style wheel with the right offset, because you're almost definitely going to run an adapter spacer. So you'll need something with an et40 or higher numbered offest in order to account for the spacer and get proper fitment. I'd love to see it done with something that look like a Rota TBT or similar. But honestly a 5 spoke pattern and 17" diameter will give you a vastly superior selection of wheels and tires. But I'd still love to see a beefy 16" fitment. :cool:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I said the same thing when I got mine - "It's a commuter, going to leave it stock". That didn't happen lol. Not sure about the 16's on it either, might be pretty small looking. Mine came with 17's and I put some 18's on it and it looks so much better

Reactions: Choppacabra

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome! With all the replies. I'm going to consider moving up in wheel size now. At first I was just going to continue using my tires that came on the car since they're new. I guess if I don't plan on any suspension mods right now, perhaps a 17" or 18" would look much better. As well of open up a larger selection like mentioned.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! With all the replies. I'm going to consider moving up in wheel size now. At first I was just going to continue using my tires that came on the car since they're new. I guess if I don't plan on any suspension mods right now, perhaps a 17" or 18" would look much better. As well of open up a larger selection like mentioned.
Here's my 17 with 18" wheels

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my 17 with 18" wheels

View attachment 287097
Look soooooo much better! Thank you for sharing! No rubbing I assume?

After all these years I'm still in love with the Falken Azenis RT615. I think I will run these on a 17" or 18".

I ran them on my Sti and all of my hondas many years ago.

Also, what wheel and tire specs are you running?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Look soooooo much better! Thank you for sharing! No rubbing I assume?

After all these years I'm still in love with the Falken Azenis RT615. I think I will run these on a 17" or 18".

I ran them on my Sti and all of my hondas many years ago.

Also, what wheel and tire specs are you running?
No rubbing at all. The wheels are 18x8 and the tires are 255/40-18.

Just took that pic. Car is dirty AF though, wheels are gunmetal. Needs to get dropped a bit though. Looking at a set of coil overs so I can drop it an inch or two for summer but put it back up to stock for the snow 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No rubbing at all. The wheels are 18x8 and the tires are 255/40-18.

View attachment 287098

Just took that pic. Car is dirty AF though, wheels are gunmetal. Needs to get dropped a bit though. Looking at a set of coil overs so I can drop it an inch or two for summer but put it back up to stock for the snow 👍
Awesomeness! Thank you for the info!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,845 Posts
Here is a picture of my Gen I sedan, not quite a Gen II hatch, but you can see the difference between an 18" rim and a 16" rim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a picture of my Gen I sedan, not quite a Gen II hatch, but you can see the difference between an 18" rim and a 16" rim. View attachment 287099

Quite the difference. With your suspension mods, both look good IMO honestly. If I don't lower it, I will most likely opt for an 18". Lowering springs for a mild drop is tempting though I must say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts