Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Just replaced valve cover, now my car won’t turnover - SOLVED

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
Just replaced the valve cover on my 2012 Cruze, then went to crank it up and it won’t turn over. I’m not getting power somewhere but i’ve checked the fuses, spark plugs, battery cable, etc. It also is giving me messages about StabiliTrak, power steering, and parking assist that were not on before. I’m running out of options, so any help would be nice! Thanks 😊

#3 ·
Disconnected t and reconnect battery.. verify your getting power. Make sure you plugged in all your connections you mahe have pulled when doing the cover.. disconnect said connections and reset them.

#4 ·
Got a new beg battery cable (left it unplugged overnight before putting in the new one, and currently trying that again in vain hopes), still nothing. Tried unplugging the cam shaft sensors, jumping it with another vehicle, tested the grounds and all battery cables, and all fuses seem to be good. Still no luck.

#6 ·
It was just running a little rough before, that’s why I replaced the valve cover. I’ve taken it off and put it back on again, thinking I had some debris in the engine/around the spark plugs, but everything was clean. I’ve checked everything around the valve cover too that I could’ve moved/budged and still no luck. Maybe I should check the ECM? Running out of options now

#10 ·
LAST UPDATE. Hired a mechanic to come check it out and he didn’t have the equipment to diagnose the problem so we had to take it to the dealership (never again though). Diagnosed and fixed the wiring harness in the dash. Not sure how that got messed up in the process of fixing the valve cover, but it’s fixed now. Thankfully fairly cheap, but not something I could’ve done myself. Just wanted to close this out and update everyone on this headache.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.