Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made this account so i don't know if this is the right place for this post.
Ok so i am 17 years old and my sister has a 2013 Cruze. I just backed into her and i cracked and dented the front bumper. I checked behind it and i didn't see any further damage. So ya she wasn't to mad she just said pay for it when i get the chance. I'm currently trying to save for school but i need to replace this. I fell even though she said when i get around to it, i need to do it as soon as i can. So how much would it be for a new bumper painted with and without the installation fee?

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
$h!t like that happens. Glad your sister is giving you flex.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
What color is the car? Chances are it should be blended into the fenders for a proper repair.
Not always true, if you look closely certain colors on all cars bumpers never match even if they come out of the factory. For instance we had a 2012 ford fusion it was one of their weird reds we repainted the car 3 times because the cover never matched the quarters. It's stupid but oh well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not always true, if you look closely certain colors on all cars bumpers never match even if they come out of the factory. For instance we had a 2012 ford fusion it was one of their weird reds we repainted the car 3 times because the cover never matched the quarters. It's stupid but oh well.
So you're saying it's ok and normal for the color not to match? While I've seen covers not match even on factory original cars, most do match.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
I once took a fender off and Beat the living and the not so living out of IT with a rubber malet for a day . The next day I put er back on and wallah looked like new . Could of used a little paint but ahh I was 17 too .............

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
So you're saying it's ok and normal for the color not to match? While I've seen covers not match even on factory original cars, most do match.
Yeah I am saying it is okay that they don't match, not all colors match even from the factory. Most cars bumpers will look different at certain lights and angles. When I get to work Monday I'll post pictures of the Ford we did. We repainted the cover 3 times and had to blend into the quarters just to get it to match as best as possible. Then I went back and looked at my photos to already see the color match wasn't there so there wasn't much for us to do there.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
nope not sponsoring them thats where I bought the car if its a problem for you to see the pics dont look.
Your car, your choice. But that is a big advertisement even by license frame standards. I pulled the frames off of mine and replaced it with a thin frame from the parts store. Looks better IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To each his own I also get free washes and detailing for having it on my car. So im sorry if you dont like it. It saves me money I dont have to bust my but as often to keep it looking good. So I guess I wont post pics of my front bumper so I dont offend anybody. Pics deleted and Ill just keep my opinions to myself.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
To get this thread back on track - is the bumper still securely held in place? Grab the bumper in various places and wiggle it. Don't grab just at the damage point since the flexible bumpers may pop a clip off elsewhere. Second, you said cracked - is this just a paint crack or is the plastic itself cracked. If just the former and the bumper is still securely fastened you can just repaint it. If the bumper is loose anywhere or physically cracked you'll need to replace the clips (loose bumper) or the entire bumper.

Make sure you find a good body shop for the paint work - it is difficult to match paint color but a good body shop can do this. All the paint colors for the Cruze are standard automotive paints so there shouldn't be any issues getting a good color match.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Ahh we just want to see what ya did to yer poor sister's cruzen ...we really can't help ya but we'll look into IT anyways .............

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
The OP last checked this thread 32 minutes after starting it.

I'm guessing that his anxiety got the better of him and his urgent plea for "help as soon as possible" have been assuaged.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
He forgot his log in ..oops new anxiety .

Reactions: Merc6 and Tomko
1 - 20 of 24 Posts