Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I just tested the 2016 Cruze. Holy cow, what a splendid surprise. This is the third Cruze I've tested over the years. It's a contender, no doubt about it.

Working on cutting the video review now, it'll run in the Autobytel channel. I shot a 0-60 MPH clip that won't be in the review. I posted that separately in my MPGomatic channel.

I swapped from the Cruze into a 2.0T Camaro. All I can hear from folks is "but you gotta buy the V8" … never mind that this beast's both fast and fuel-efficient … =)

·
2,170 Posts
Can't wait to see the Cruze review! I have watched quite a few Autobytel videos and find them to be full of useful information and opinions.

People only say you need a V8 in a Camaro because it's part of the expectation, part of the whole package. Looks, sound, and feel. When you see a Camaro, you expect it to have that V8 sound. V8s and Camaros go together like salt and pepper. I can understand the sensible-ness of having a turbo 4 banger, but Camaros aren't supposed to be sensible or fuel efficient, they're supposed to be brash and guzzle gas while bashing baby penguins, they're supposed to be in your face. Same with the Mustang. I wouldn't personally own a Camaro even though I love the way they look and LOVE the sound of a V8. They're just a bit too heavy for my taste.

Not that anyone cares, but if I was going to drop that kind of money I would be looking at a WRX, or a Fiesta/Focus ST. A turbo 4-cyl in those cars is right, it makes sense. Obviously it's personal choice and opinion, I would rather have something light and nimble with decent power rather than something that focuses more on looks and power alone. But I can't tell others how to live their lives, nor can anyone tell me how to live mine.

Anyway, good to hear the Cruze was pleasant!

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome, I've watched your channel for years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Chevrasaki! I swapped from the turbo Camaro into CT6 (with the same little turbo engine) and a 392 Hemi Charger. Holy cow, what a difference. I avoid doubling up on cars, but I'm jamming to capture footage and thoughts early in the month. It's rainy today, so hopefully I can get the Cruze video edit done. I don't want to drive that Hemi beast in the rain …

The car I'm most eager to drive right now is the Focus RS. It's getting rave reviews. Ford let Subaru own that market for a long time. Kinda makes me wonder what will happen with the Cruze five-door hatch. Imagine if it got the turbodiesel, a six-speed manual, and AWD …

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks, Chevrasaki! I swapped from the turbo Camaro into CT6 (with the same little turbo engine) and a 392 Hemi Charger. Holy cow, what a difference. I avoid doubling up on cars, but I'm jamming to capture footage and thoughts early in the month. It's rainy today, so hopefully I can get the Cruze video edit done. I don't want to drive that Hemi beast in the rain …

The car I'm most eager to drive right now is the Focus RS. It's getting rave reviews. Ford let Subaru own that market for a long time. Kinda makes me wonder what will happen with the Cruze five-door hatch. Imagine if it got the turbodiesel, a six-speed manual, and AWD
That would be sweet although I would also be quite happy with the 2.0L Turbo or better yet if it can be squeezed in the 3.6L Turbo that GM has. (drool)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts