Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2011 auto BGM Cruze LS for a 40 mile trip today and averaged 44.3 mpg. I was pretty impressed. This involved mostly 45 to 55 mph steady driving on generally flat noninterstate with the A/C off and front windows completely open. I've been noticing really good MPG numbers recently as I approach 50K miles (49,748 after today's trip). I wonder if it has anything to do with the wear on my tires (down to 5/32 on the original firestones) or maybe my Cruze is just breaking in.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
My MPG numbers are definitely increasing as well on my Eco. I am back up into the 45 or 46 mpg range.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
I really Love these threads where every one is happy and elated with the cruzens MPG numbers .

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's a lie.

Do the math yourself, you will soon be disappointed.

My car is off by almost 3mpg every time I fill up.

Yes. 42mpg looks pretty good on the dash but really 38mpg really isn't to shabby on 87.

I'm trying 89 to see if there in an actually difference.

I don't drive any city, Mostly 55mph and when I hit the Eway its 65.

But I have noticed an increase in MPG since I hit 52k.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The best I have seen so far on my car is 39 mpg from Reno to Sacramento, I only had 900 miles at the time so I hope the fuel economy will go up. I use premium also.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's a lie.

Do the math yourself, you will soon be disappointed.

My car is off by almost 3mpg every time I fill up.
Not necessarily. One perfect evening last summer, I achieved a manually calculated 45.5 mpg on my 2011 LT Auto, and that was only with about 10,000 miles on the car. If the conditions are right, mileage can soar. In the same conditions I've gotten manually calculated 32 mpg in a Dodge Caravan rated to only 25 mpg highway.

Also, my trip computer is about 1 mpg optimistic on a regular basis compared to hand calculated.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,895 Posts
Not necessarily. One perfect evening last summer, I achieved a manually calculated 45.5 mpg on my 2011 LT Auto, and that was only with about 10,000 miles on the car. If the conditions are right, mileage can soar. In the same conditions I've gotten manually calculated 32 mpg in a Dodge Caravan rated to only 25 mpg highway.

Also, my trip computer is about 1 mpg optimistic on a regular basis compared to hand calculated.
Yup, ~1 MPG for my car too.

The non-Eco 1.4 can hit and maintain 45-50 MPG pretty easily. Seems a 1.8 could too given the right conditions...Honda Civics can do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.