Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just quickly wanted to say in the other post, I wasn't talking about street racing illegally. I'm just talking about being the first one to pull forward when a light changes from red to green, just generally driving, but I never do it recklessly or slam my foot to the floor or anything. (is that considered illegal street racing?) The Cruze just takes off pretty quickly so I take advantage of it, and that's mainly the piint I was making. Sometimes not even as a boys and their toys thing you just have to do it if you need to get around a line of cars to make a turn or something.

I honestly wasn't intending to break any rules about posting about illegal street racing so I apologize, and i'll be more mindful of topics in the future.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,544 Posts
No worries. Just sounded like a topic that would evolve into street racing stories.

I don't bother, unless I really want to get around a terrible driver or zip in front of slow moving traffic in a lane that ends. In my normal driving patterns, I don't even keep up with most of the other traffic in the "stoplight races". People here rocket off to the next red light...where they sit for 3 minutes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Say j have you ever watched the video Boats recorded of himself racing down the street like some maniac on a need for speed .. I was so blown away that this obnoxious guy would even consider that his recless actions were seen as cool especially his loud pipes roaring in an urban domain was a good thing .. then he had a kid and woke up .. I am so glad that he did not live in me neighborhood ..

·
Registered
192 Posts
No worries. Just sounded like a topic that would evolve into street racing stories.

I don't bother, unless I really want to get around a terrible driver or zip in front of slow moving traffic in a lane that ends. In my normal driving patterns, I don't even keep up with most of the other traffic in the "stoplight races". People here rocket off to the next red light...where they sit for 3 minutes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah, zipping from one red light to the next is a waste of gasoline and brake pads.

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Depending on how willing the car on either side is willing to let you go, if a police officer sees you if could be construed as drag racing. You will most likely get pulled over and if no ticket, at least get a good "talking to" . If no police around, at least be sure you can "win" or do what you intend on doing. If not, it gets dangerous. There are lots of "sleeper" cars out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts