Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the Cruze benefit much from a K&N Air Filter? I haven't used one in a long time and that was in my Pontiac Sunfire...3 cars ago.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I see my Walmart store is now selling K&N replacement type air filters that would fit in your OEM housing. Should get one of these if you don't mind paying 2-3 times the price.

Practically all prewar (WW II for you kids) vehicles didn't have any air filters, managed to get buy. Postwar, started using oil bath filters to around the mid or later 50's. And by oil, mean engine oil, had to remove them very carefully or would spill oil all over yourself and your engine, miserable to clean, gasoline was the cheapest stuff to use. Put the bottom of the filter on the carb and fill it with engine oil to the fill line, then screw on the top with one nut.

After this was all paper and still is, with super strict emission laws today, all aftermarket people can play with is the air cleaner and the cat back exhaust and all you get is more noise. Can also remove all the insulation on your Cruze to get even more if you like noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts