Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite sure if this is in the right place, so I apologize in advanced Moderators...

I have the K&N Intake with the big Injen filter installed, and I noticed upon installation that it was a very tight fit, almost to the point to where I didn't think everything would fit properly...but everything seemed okay and the sound was great and then a few weeks later I noticed the sound was different.

Took a look under the hood, and the rubber tubing that attaches to the turbo, AT the turbo, had ripped and there is about a half inch gap where air is just being sucked directly into the turbo with some air still going through the whole intake....panicked I ordered a new tube part for my car and I'm currently waiting for it to arrive....I guess my question is, does anyone have photos of these intakes and this biga** filter installed so I can see if my positioning is off and causing too much stress against the rubber tube? The rip is right above the hose clamp so it's still clamped to the turbo but the rubber above it is ripped....any help/suggestions will be much appreciated...thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think i have a picture of my intake setup on my build thread. Ive had it on for about a month and no issues yet.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i have a picture of my intake setup on my build thread. Ive had it on for about a month and no issues yet.
Thanks. I went and looked and yours looks to be in the same position mine is in...I may just need to bend the bracket slightly since my filter is so much bigger than that one, so it will not hit the edge of the engine bay like it does now, which is what's causing all the stress at the turbo end of the tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.