1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
It has a engine bay heat shield but end of the day its still a hot air intake. It still takes in engine bay heat. Some people have cel since there is more air flow thats not calibrated for. A tune will fix it but a tune will also clog up our emissions system faster and void warranty

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
There was a big discussion about those a few months ago. Most people said "don't do it"

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
I mean, in all honesty, the hotter the air you bring in, the better your fuel economy will be. But the added airflow, and how it flows seems, at least on the CTDs, to really cause issues.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had it for several months now. Haven't had any CEI lights or issues. I like it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have had it for a while now. Randomly will throw a lean code that clears itself within a day or two. As far as power, don't expect any extra. But it does sound awesome and that's why I got it. Cars are mechanical objects and I like to hear what mine are doing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Fleece 30/40/50 tunes are my next purchase. I would imagine the K&N panel filter flows nearly as well and for 1/4 of the cost. Just posted because I hadn't seen the Typhoon for the diesel before.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Fleece 30/40/50 tunes are my next purchase. I would imagine the K&N panel filter flows nearly as well and for 1/4 of the cost. Just posted because I hadn't seen the Typhoon for the diesel before.
Performance/flow wise, the stock setup, k&n panel filter, and the k&n intake system are all going to be similar. You honestly won't feel any power difference from one to the other. What you get with the intake, is the look, and the sound. And I will tell you, that k&n intake surprised me. It is very loud. The turbo at mid-throttle sounds great.

If you're not interested in either the look or the sound of the full k&n intake, then go with whatever panel filter is cheaper, whether it is the factory filter or the k&n panel filter, you won't notice any difference from one to the other. With a tune however, you will probably see nice gains with the intake.

AEM also makes an intake for the diesel Cruze. Personally I like AEM filters a lot better than the oiled k&n filters. But the tube on the AEM intake is made of plastic, which tends to lower the sound of the intake a bit. The metal tube on the k&n is probably a little louder than the plastic AEM one.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
K&N and AEM are the same company :th_SmlyROFL:.
Correct, but the filters are still different. K&N being an oiled filter, and AEM being the dry-flow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.