Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K&N Typhoon on the 1.4l turbo AT

It seems that noone has posted how the K&N Typhoon SRI is with the 1.4T Automatic enigne. So here are a few things I have to say about it.

1. I think it looks great in the engine bay, it fits perfect in place of the stock airbox too.

2. It sounds great, you can hear the turbo spool up, and if you let off the gas it makes the loud blow off noise everyone likes. You can hear it in the cabin even with the windows up, My gf hates it, but I love it. She thinks it sounds like a fat girl trying to breath lol. You will have people looking, I have had compliments and people asking if it is all stock or if I have a blowoff valve. They find it hard to believe it is a 4-cylinder.

3. Some people say it doesn't help with fuel economy or acceleration. I believe it does. It seems to at least. Could be a placibo effect considering I like the noise it makes. It seems to shift better and accelerate faster. My mpgs went from 24ish to 30. But I also replaced my spark plugs so I wont say it was just the intake.

I recommend anyone with the 1.4l turbo to consider buying it, manual or automatic. Especially if you want to hear the turbo spool up and blow off. Also replace those spark plugs with copper plugs. They seem to have made a difference also.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yea you know what's weird my mpgs went from 24 to 30ish (50-50 cty/hwy) after I added the intake (with INJEN dry air filter) and air straightener (which I HIGHLY recommend to get...HIGHLY)....while I know the intake will aid in throttle response and mpgs, I KNOW for a fact that the significant increase is not due to the intake because AT BEST you will see only a 2 hp and 2 mpg gain from the intake no matter what you do.....maybe a change in driving habit and driving conditions, I think ive been driving to school/work in less traffic as well as trying to cruze (lol) in the right lane.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea same here. I am ordering the air straightener and the dry filter soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts