Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Have a spare remote? Is there enough of that key sticking out so you can pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers?

Can always remove the ignition switch, already had my share of these apart, those tumblers corrode and stick and need to be cleaned, but have to admit this grooved key is new to me, another stupid idea.

Another stupid thing is that steering wheel lock, proven worthless years ago for anti-thief. Have to wiggle the steering wheel before turning the key or can break it off.

Seem to be using that "stupid" word a lot recently.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Thanks fellas, but I just got the broken piece out with some tweezers! Just had to use some pliers to bend the tweezers a bit so they could get a grip on the key. Phew good thing I still have a spare set.
Ha, now all you have to do is go to the bank, get a second mortgage on your home, then go to your dealer to buy a spare key.

Could be a defect in your key itself for the reason it broke in the first place, go to Ask GM site and see of those lovely girls will help you.

Post a photo of your key.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
That's what my good dealer charges, 55 bucks, but still in a 75 year old building, wonder how long that will last. The ones in these new building will rob you blind, they have to, to pay their property taxes.

I don't care how much money they spend on their super modern waiting rooms, still boring as hail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.