Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends, i am new to this forum and hope someone can help me to find out the value of electronic components missing in my 2010 cruze key fob.this was my spare key and was not used for long time.now i have some issues with my first key and i took the spare one and found not working,when i opened i found some solder points were dried and components missing (may be fell down during opening).please help me to repair it so that i could save some money.thank you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you eric for the reply.actually i found many on the websites but all looking different in circuit.so little bit confused about it,whether it will work or not?...please advice...

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Considering that solder melts at 183 °C /361 °F, I'll bet those parts were "missing" from the factory. It's not uncommon for electronics to have empty spots. I find it highly unlikely you kept your spare key in a place that got hot enough for parts to fall off.

I'd try a new battery and see if the car just needs to have it re-programmed.

Reactions: Greggul8r

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not a UAE native,i work here and my car is in my home country.if i go to the dealer in abu dhabi maybe they will ask the original key and it is not possible to provide.I will ask dealer in my country.thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for long time it was there with out any use..so i think the solder gets dried, as it is common for smd components.there is no issue with other ones.so i thought if any one knows about it i can purchase the components and solder it back,no need to throw the oem fob.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
Considering that solder melts at 183 °C /361 °F, I'll bet those parts were "missing" from the factory. It's not uncommon for electronics to have empty spots. I find it highly unlikely you kept your spare key in a place that got hot enough for parts to fall off.

I'd try a new battery and see if the car just needs to have it re-programmed.
What you say may be true, but I have two Cobalt fobs that had to be soldered back together. The battery clips came off and I am in the midwest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.