Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 and randomly one day my key fobs both stopped working. I can’t access my trunk either as Chevy’s classic trunk button mishap has plagued my car as well. So without these fobs working I’m screwed.
I checked my fuse and in the 22 spot (ignition electronic entry) I have a 15amp fuse. Is that the right one?
ive has my car forpver 5 years I love it but it’s becoming a lemon and I’m not happy what-so-ever

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I'd think of both fobs were completely bad you've have problems starting the car. You might have some local interference that's jamming the signal.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have a 2012 and randomly one day my key fobs both stopped working. I can’t access my trunk either as Chevy’s classic trunk button mishap has plagued my car as well. So without these fobs working I’m screwed.
I checked my fuse and in the 22 spot (ignition electronic entry) I have a 15amp fuse. Is that the right one?
ive has my car forpver 5 years I love it but it’s becoming a lemon and I’m not happy what-so-ever
I'm with ezap28ltz; I think it's the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver.

Looking thru the drawings I have, it gets its power from the BCM, so there's no fuse directly supplying that module, and hence no fuse to check.

From what I have read, the antenna is integral to the module, so there's no antenna wire to check. About all you can do is remove the module from the overhead console by the rear view mirror and inspect it for a broken wire. Furthermore, wiring for stationary objects usually doesn't just fail, so it's more likely the receiver is wonky, but I cannot say that with certainty.

I was not able to find a detailed description for installing a new receiver. I anticipate some sort of re-sync is required, similar to setting up a new key fob.

Out of curiosity, I found a drawing for the system, and added some annotation. The basic system is just the remote control door lock receiver and its connection to the BCM. The passive entry (ATH) adds the Keyless Entry Control Module along with 7 - seven - antennas. And the keyless ignition (BTM) adds 3 more antennas.

But the basic system is just the one module by the rear view mirror. Assuming both your key fobs didn't go dead simultaneously, the problem is most likely in your receiver or its connection to the BCM.

HTH.

[Edit] By the way, my drawings show fuse F22 going to the ignition switch, and not being part of the keyless entry system.

[Edit2] One thing to check: Does your Tire Pressure Monitor System work? Can you see the tire pressures being displayed on the Driver Information Center?

Doug

2012_cruze_keyless_entry4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,439 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

As for not getting into the trunk, open the rear passenger door, drop the seat back down and reach in and pull the day-glo rip cord handle and the trunk will open.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i was just going to start a thread that i have the same issue(glad i did a search as to avoid starting another thread on the same topic)

so the other day my fob stopped working, changed the fob battery at auto zone with the help of their reader that tells battery life in the fob. my battery was around 20% so i changed it with no change in it working. got home tried my second fob that has never been used that one did not work either.

first thing i did was disconnect the negative battery cable and left it off for about 20 minutes, when i put it back on the key fobs started working but only for about 2 days. now its back to not working. tried disconnecting negative terminal again and still both fobs dont work.

next thing i did was check all the fuses and none were bad.

now reading that the sensor is above the mirror i will go check that are for loose wires and get back to you.

in the mean time if anyone has any other info please chime in to help. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts