Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am hoping someone knows what the heck is going on, I have a 4 month old 2011 Chevy Cruze and all of a sudden my key fobs are not working, it worked about 20 mins ago and when I got home to try lock my car it didn't work. I tried my second one which I keep in the house and same thing, lock, unlock, trunk, panic, nothing works. Called my dealership and they didn't have anyone available, just said you have to come in. I am not going to change the battery because again, it's been 4 months and the 2nd key fob was brand new. Does it need a reprogram for some reason?

Thanks.

Edit: And now all of a sudden it has started working, both of them, what the heck, should I be worried?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had gone to the dealership and they didn't know the problem, they said that little cover where you insert the key to start the ignition may not closed fully. And it has been working fine since then but started again today.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did the vehicle battery go dead, get disconnected, or was the car worked on recently (since the last time they worked) If yes, it may just need to be programmed, if not they are going to have to look at the car.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I had gone to the dealership and they didn't know the problem, they said that little cover where you insert the key to start the ignition may not closed fully. And it has been working fine since then but started again today.

SGotam,
I would suggest that if you continue to have this issue with your key fobs that you take both your key fob's as well as your vehicle into your dealership and have them look into this again for you. Please keep me posted on this issue. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just posted an article about the same thing. Dealer ship has the car as I am writing this. Already gave me a spare key fob, replaced an "Modulator" part... Now they are going into the steering column. Hopefully they can correct the problem. Can you say LEMON LAW?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue when I pulled into a Kohls store in Wyoming, both FOBS would not work. I moved the car to another store and they both started working. Apparently, the alarm system from Kohls was interfering with my remotes. I have never had that happen before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't agree with that. I was having the same problem. I drove it to the dealership for troubleshooting and had the same thing happen when the service manager got into the car to pull it into the service bay.... scratched his head and said" I will let the technician move it." It is in the shop now :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing your valuable thought, Keyless entry is a fairly new thing , but is becoming more and more standard as the technology improves. One can actually unlock the car just by being in the vicinity of the car. It gives the option of starting the car without having to put a key into the ignition,

Nice to meet you
Button Rubber

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had the same issue when I pulled into a Kohls store in Wyoming, both FOBS would not work. I moved the car to another store and they both started working. Apparently, the alarm system from Kohls was interfering with my remotes. I have never had that happen before.

Radio Frequency Interference is a known issue with some of these systems. When Mobil came out with the speedpass some of the newer Corvette's at the time would pull up to the pump and have to get pushed away before you could start them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just came across this PI

#PIC5650: Security Light On Intermittently And May Be A Start Stall Or No Crank Due To Theft And May Have Any Of The Following Codes In History B3055 B3060 B3935 - (Mar 14, 2012)

Condition/Concern:
In rare cases a customer may comment that they may have an intermittent no crank or start stall concern with the security light coming on. Upon diagnosis the dealer technician may or may not find DTC's B3055, B3060, and/or B3935 in history. In most cases the dealer cannot duplicate the customer's concern.
It is also possible on vehicles equipped with passive entry/start (RPO's ATH and/or BTH) a customer may exhibit a concern with passive entry inoperative and/or no fob detected message, but will start with the fob in the fob pocket.
[h=4]Recommendation/Instructions:[/h]Important: Do not replace any parts for this concern prior to duplicating the concern and reviewing the following information.
With the advancements in today's technology there has been a great increase in the number of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Devices) found across many communities, business, and automobiles. It is possible that another RFID device may interfere with the Passkey system. The range of the interference can vary based on the strength of the RFID which may affect the key to exciter module communication. The most common devices found are: vehicle immobilizer key from other vehicles, keyless access transmitters from other vehicles, interstate/bridge toll passes, gate passes, community/parking access cards, fuel station speed passes, and building access swipe cards/ transponder devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2012 Chevy Cruze. It is 3 months old and both my key fobs quit working. Were you able to get the problem fixed and have you had any other issues?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just posted an article about the same thing. Dealer ship has the car as I am writing this. Already gave me a spare key fob, replaced an "Modulator" part... Now they are going into the steering column. Hopefully they can correct the problem. Can you say LEMON LAW?????
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze that is 3 months old and I am having the same problem. Did you get your problem fixed? Have you had any problems with it since?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chevy Cruz FOB's not working

I had this happen today on my Chevy Cruze that is one month old. I use the key manually to get in and then it started working but I'm afraid there is a problem here that Chevy needs to address.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ with 10,000 miles and its a guessing game if my key fobs or electric start will work. I did take mine to dealer and they said key fobs were not the problem and made a appt and they started working for who knows why the following morning. I now have my Cruze back at dealership because once again they are not working. This was the first Chevy we have ever bought and now wondering if we made a HUGE mistake.

·
5,722 Posts
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ with 10,000 miles and its a guessing game if my key fobs or electric start will work. I did take mine to dealer and they said key fobs were not the problem and made a appt and they started working for who knows why the following morning. I now have my Cruze back at dealership because once again they are not working. This was the first Chevy we have ever bought and now wondering if we made a HUGE mistake.

TFishon39,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you are having with your Cruze. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2012 LTZ RS that except for the lame excuse for a fix on the engine shield and trim piece around gauge pod buzzes when I am at the right speed and the right kind of road surface the car is flawless.

I have said before that all I have ever bought and will buy in the future will be GM products. LOVE the new Caddy ATS but that is another thread.

I am sure there is a reasonable explanation that will be resolved for you and others.

I guess you could have purchased a new Nissan Altima like a coworker who called me stupid for buying Chevy. I explained that I believe in supporting US companies and my fellow citizens and remind people about the phrase "Transfer of wealth" and how the world has never seen such a high rate of transfer. The USA is just burying itself buying all these imported products or products made here by foreign companies where the profit leaves our shores.

My coworker showed up at the shop yesterday in a loaner car as the transmission is dead in his 6 week old POS Nissan. I of course told him he should have purchased a Chevrolet.

I feel certain you will update us as it comes. I will be following this thread to see how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 2013 Chevy cruze and this has been happening on an off for the past 7 months. I took it into the dealership and for some ungodly reason both key fobs started working. The technician said they've never had this problem and sent me on my way. I can unlock my doors with the key but as soon as I do the alarm starts going off until I actually start the car. I guess it's just something I have to live with, but had I known I probably wouldn't have bought this car just for that reason.

·
5,722 Posts
I have a brand new 2013 Chevy cruze and this has been happening on an off for the past 7 months. I took it into the dealership and for some ungodly reason both key fobs started working. The technician said they've never had this problem and sent me on my way. I can unlock my doors with the key but as soon as I do the alarm starts going off until I actually start the car. I guess it's just something I have to live with, but had I known I probably wouldn't have bought this car just for that reason.
Welcome to Cruze Talk, nll0314. I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your key fobs. If you would like our assistance with setting up another dealer appointment or locating a new dealer for a second opinion, we are more than happy to help. Please private message us and include your contact information and VIN.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (Assisting Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
nll0314,

I am sorry you are having this concern. I would certainly have your dealership look into this again for you. If you would like some assistance, plese do not hesitate to reach out to us. You can private message us your name, VIN, phone number, and the name of you GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 20 of 57 Posts