Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Key open's driver door only, try to start car but it's not starting and key is now locked in the key holder. I mean it's not removing from the way i inserted it.

·
Super Moderator
5,105 Posts
Try moving the wheel a little and it should allow the lock tumbler to turn and release the key. I have that problem at times when I go to start my car. I put the key in and it will not turn until I move the wheel a little. It is a typical wheel locking mechanism that depending on how the car is sitting or the way the wheel is turned when the car is shut off causes the tumblers not to line up and release the key or turn the key in my case. Move the wheel and it should release.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Battery is dead......that is why you had to use the key to unlock the door.
Once the key was inserted and turned in the ignition, you found no response.

The system will not allow the key to be turned back to the lock (and remove) position with a dead battery.

If you attach a jumper and restore power, the key will then turn back to lock and you can remove it........or, with jumper attached, start the car.......you decide.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought a mechanic and is telling me the the water has entered the body control module and airbags control board therefore the key can't turn to lock position unless i change it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the actual name of the airbags control board, the one closest to the body control module ?j

·
Patience Of Job
559 Posts
Personally I would do as Robby has suggested here first before digging further into this.

Battery is dead......that is why you had to use the key to unlock the door.
Once the key was inserted and turned in the ignition, you found no response.

The system will not allow the key to be turned back to the lock (and remove) position with a dead battery.

If you attach a jumper and restore power, the key will then turn back to lock and you can remove it........or, with jumper attached, start the car.......you decide.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I brought a mechanic and is telling me the the water has entered the body control module and airbags control board therefore the key can't turn to lock position unless i change it.
For those wondering about this, OP also started this thread. We may be dealing with a flood damaged car. I'd involve the insurance company. I'd also suggest taking it to a dealer to be evaluated. Flood damage is a serious thing and can have lasting problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts