Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The keyless entry on the driver's side and the trunk lock have intermittently stopped working. The passenger side seems okay. I could not get in my car this morning or open the trunk unless I hit the unlock button on my key fob. I initially thought it was an issue with the FOB so, I used my spare one. Same issues.

The car seemed to start okay this morning, but when I got to work I couldn't shut the car off! The screen was saying "No Remote Detected, Press Brake to Start", and then the car just randomly shut off on its own. I had trouble starting it up again and shutting it off, but it finally went off.

My car is a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ and it only has 14,200+ miles on it! HELP.

P.S. It's also been having a rough idle when the AC is on. I know this is an entirely separate issue, but this car is a POS and I feel that I bought a lemon. Car has had issues in the past.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
So, if I understand this right, the keyfob is reliable if using the buttons, but the car is having trouble sensing the fob? You might want to pay attention to what the fob is next to when it's in your pocket (or where ever you keep it). It might be blocking the signal. I'd also suggest changing the battery in the fob. Simply because it's cheap to do and might fix it.

If it's really a problem with the car, it sounds like a bad BCM or connections. Expensive stuff.

I would check to see if you still have bumper to bumper warranty (3 years/36,000 miles).

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,504 Posts
I second the battery switch as ChevyGuy suggested .

As for the trunk lock issue, assuming the rear button does not work for you, buy one of these
Rear Back license plate light with Trunk switch button For Chevrolet Cruze 2009-2014 and then read this: How-To: Replace Trunk Switch.

There is also a way to create a interior unlock for the trunk using a relay, as I have one, but I was not the installer so I do not have the specifics.

I have just re-read you initial post and am confused.

I have to hit unlock to get in my car all the time. Is there something I missed? Are you talking about keyless starting - push button start and / or remote unlock - keyless entry?

:moved: to Gen I Audio & Electronics .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.