Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I just had a "theft attempted" message on my car when I went to start it this morning. What can cause this? It was in my driveway all night, alarm never sounded, and there really isn't any chance that anyone went near it - I live in a quiet private community 300 feet off the nearest road....
Last winter when my girlfriend went to get into the car in the morning for the ice scraper(passsenger door, since we keep on passenger floorboard). She found the door frozen shut, it gave a bit but she could not open. She she did get into the drivers side and drove home.

Later that day I heard the car alarm going off but by the time I walked to look it stopped. That evening we saw the theft attempted message. I think that frozen door got opened part way and tripped the message, as it has not happened since. Knowing this I would assume that any door, hood or trunk left partially open or a bad switch could trip the message.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
No start button on my brake lever. You have any pictures of said button?
he didn't say to look for a start button. under the parking brake lever or toward the glove box from the cup holder is an odd shaped indented cubby hole. you need to pry the cover off the bottom of this to access the key ignition. THIS ONLY IS RELEVANT ON PUSH BUTTON START CARS.

Please see section 2-6 of the manual below, it shows a picture and explains the key relearn procedure.
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...rship/Manuals and Videos/02_pdf/2k13cruze.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.