Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I have a 2012 Cruze LTZ RS. It has the keyless entry, but like 2 weeks ago I went to get in my car and it wouldn't open, I pushed the unlock button and nothing happened. Eventually I unlocked the door with the key and my alarm goes off and I couldn't silence it (which made wonder what was the point of the keyhole in the door if there isn't one in the car) well I couldn't start the car since it wouldn't detect the key. I had to leave it and get the dealership to tow it. They supposedly replaced the receiver and ordered a new key fob. All was fine for like a week and it did it again, needless to say it's in the shop again.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I looked around and didn't see any threads on this.

ahgustiin,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with your vehicle. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
5,722 Posts
I have the same thing happen to me just today. However when I unlocked the door with the actual key the alarm did go off, but then I started the car and the alarm shut off and I had theft attempted on my display. What do I do to get our RKE to be recognized again?

rj5838,
I would suggest that you take your vehicle into your dealership and have them look into this for you. Please keep me posted on this and if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
5,722 Posts
Hi 2princesses

Sorry to hear about your concerns with your key fob. Let us know what the dealer says once you go in for a visit. If you manage to get in sooner, please let us know.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.