Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a 2012 Cruze LTZ RS. It has the keyless entry, but like 2 weeks ago I went to get in my car and it wouldn't open, I pushed the unlock button and nothing happened. Eventually I unlocked the door with the key and my alarm goes off and I couldn't silence it (which made wonder what was the point of the keyhole in the door if there isn't one in the car) well I couldn't start the car since it wouldn't detect the key. I had to leave it and get the dealership to tow it. They supposedly replaced the receiver and ordered a new key fob. All was fine for like a week and it did it again, needless to say it's in the shop again.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I looked around and didn't see any threads on this.
Actually in cases where your fob has died according to the manual you can pop off the black cover in front of the emergency brake. Under it there is a key slot where you can place your key in. Once inserted you press the start button with your foot on the brake to start your car like normal. :)

Edit:

the black cover almost looks like a small little space for sticking your change.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.