Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
No start button on my brake lever. You have any pictures of said button?
he didn't say to look for a start button. under the parking brake lever or toward the glove box from the cup holder is an odd shaped indented cubby hole. you need to pry the cover off the bottom of this to access the key ignition. THIS ONLY IS RELEVANT ON PUSH BUTTON START CARS.

Please see section 2-6 of the manual below, it shows a picture and explains the key relearn procedure.
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...rship/Manuals and Videos/02_pdf/2k13cruze.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2012 LTZ RS and my ' service keyless entry soon" lights up and nothing opens unless you hit remote button ,I've replaced the battery and still doesn't work, does anybody know if this would be covered under drivetrain warranty as I am past 36000 miles? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone had trouble with the trunk button? Everything else on my fob works, except that. It did in the begining, and she's only 5 months old. I've tried holding it for a second, and that does nothing. I want to say when I first got it, it was just a quick push and it popped right up. I was going to have it looked at when I took it for the first oil change.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi 2princesses

Sorry to hear about your concerns with your key fob. Let us know what the dealer says once you go in for a visit. If you manage to get in sooner, please let us know.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have you tired your other fob?

I thought that cover was just to gain access to the shifter release in case the battery was dead.

I'm surprised you can relearn your fob in your car. when I worked at a dealer we were paid a couple tenths to program fobs.

·
10,711 Posts
Have you tired your other fob?

I thought that cover was just to gain access to the shifter release in case the battery was dead.

I'm surprised you can relearn your fob in your car. when I worked at a dealer we were paid a couple tenths to program fobs.
That is up top of the shifter bezel i believe in auto trans. What we talk of is below the shifter next to the cup holder. It is that oddly shaped storage area just under the park assist handle. To the left is a space to pry that open and swing to the right. Find a jewelers flat head or small flat object to open it because it tends to deform rather easily using a 89¢ wally world flat head . I take it on push to start LTZ models there is something there via the owners manual to relearn the key so you don't get stuck with dealer fees.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
As per the OP, my daughter's 2013 LTZ RS did the exact same thing. Both FOBs were not recognized by the car, alarm went off. Only way to start car was by using the key bypass by the parking brake. Checked both FOB batteries. 2.92 - 3.01 volts. Brought car home. Shut it off. Then FOBs worked. Anyone have a resolution for this? So far, car back to normal. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
Some good tips found in the GM Tech Link.

Of particular note is the mention of a "battery saver" feature in the remote - if a button is depressed too long/too many times, it will be disabled. You'll have to press something else to wake up the transmitter. That could explain a lot.

From what I can tell, the devices (in North America) works on 315MHz. If there's a strong signal nearby, or interference from installed electronics, it may fail. It's considered a "Part 15" device - which means if it doesn't work because of something else - too bad, so sad. But I'd expect such failures to be location specific. It may be erratic in that location, but it tends to happen in that area.

What you can try is to hold the transmitter up to the antenna. From what I can tell, for "normal" (key+fob) systems, that's by the rear view mirror on the windshield. For the Keyless Entry models - well, there's 6 antennas. I know there's two in the center console. I'm not sure where the one for the driver and passenger doors are located.

·
10,711 Posts
You would figure if airport was one of the places, the LTZ wouldn't be a popular rental car there.

Also the magical spot everyone speaks of is under this rubber mat that is only found in the LTZ push to start models.

Lift it up and this hole appears for the blade of the key to enter. On non LTZ models, there is a piece of plastic there that serves us no purpose other than cover the hole. It's a cool spot to pry open and ask someone why it exists just for argument sake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I actually had a problem with my car where the receiver that clips into the windshield went bad. Also the wiring broke where it meets the headliner. Replaced the module and part of the harness, never had anymore issues. You could say it went through more vibration than normal.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.