Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my cruze eco last monday and the dealer still has not gotten the second key for me although my plates are in now? What the **** is the problem getting another key? I have purchased many new cars in my life and I never had a new car with only one key when I got it

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I have purchased many new cars in my life and I never had a new car with only one key when I got it
Neither have I. Is it true that the Cruze only comes with one key/fob? Can you order and extra one when you order the car? Is something different depending on which model of Cruze you buy?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, I got 2 keys/fobs also. I think *every* car in the world comes from the factory with 2 keys (actually, I have no idea, but I'm willing to stick it out there and say it).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just came from the dealer and got my plates .They claim that they traded another dealer for the car and seemingly the other key was misplaced and I should have it by next monday or tuesday

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
**** no! Don't pay for it, you should have gotten 2 to start with!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'd definitely put the pressure on them. Basically, someone else out there has a key to your car, and you don't know who. That key needs to be in your hands.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is a little more tricky situation because these keys have to be laser cut....it isn't like the old GM keys that are a dime a dozen and can easily be cut by the dealership.

They legitimatley have to wait to get the key from the other dealership or order one in....hence the wait....I am sure no one has a bunch of these keys in stock....I am sure they will give you something for your time and wait

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife bought her car from the dealership as a pre-owned with only 340 miles on it. It was purchased for a "Give Away Contest" The winner did not want the car and sold it back to the dealership. They claimed it only came with 1 key. Bummer.:(

·
Registered
699 Posts
I got the car with 2 keys. Ordered another one and dealer had it in 3 days. I just had to go back to the dealer with the car and with the original keys. They had to be programmed again in the sametime with the 3rd one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts