Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

KN cold air intake???

3511 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  spaycace
i hear that k and n filters are bad and let a lot of particles through. bUT what about the cold air intake setup? This boosts horsepower a little and allows you to hear the turbo. My main concern is that the filter keeps the engine safe. So if not k and n is there another cold air intake system that is better? Just really trying to hear the turbo and maybe get a couple extra horsepower.. perhaps even mpg.. mostly though keep the engine safe and clean. Right now I just have a drop in STP filter which I hear are good.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
824 Posts
I too run aftermarket intakes on 2 of my vehicles ... and I use non-oiled filters on both, as I have had a fouled mass air sensor in the past from too much oil on a K&N from the factory. I don't think it happens too often, but it's mass produced and there is ALWAYS the possibility for a few to be over-oiled right out of the box. I'd say if you want a little better mileage use a short ram style setup. If you want a little bit more power go with the CAI setup. Either one will allow you to hear the turbo "whoosh" better.

· Premium Member
824 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.