Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2014 cruze Lt started making a weird knocking noise, from the rear passenger side when I am going at a slower speed over any bumps on the road it doesn't do it when I am going faster than 60km or on the highway. There's nothing in my trunk that can cause it and the seat belt on the back seat isn't hitting anything. I took it into the dealership today and apparently they couldn't hear it or find anything wrong. I know my car never made this sound before. Anyone else experience this and found out the cause it's driving me crazy!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not to mention the dealership charged me a diagnostic fee because they didn't find a problem for something that should be covered by warranty :/

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I went the full circle on this from operating as designed to part not available and then GM overnights a new Z link suspension which i just couldn't tell them did no good. In the end this is what fixed my noise in the same area
pop.JPG

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,996 Posts
Peer into the wheel well and see if the hat on the top of the shock is detached. That is actually somewhat common, not sure why it fails on that side and not the left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this post of old but I’m having issue also thought it was engine the noise ticks while in car but is a screech outside and makes noise whole time driving and idled

1 - 8 of 8 Posts