Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a decent monitor for the car to keep the kids entertained on our frequent long trips. My online searches are not turning up much. All I would like is a screen that can strap to a headrest or permanently mount to the headliner, and plays digital files from a SD card or usb stick. The DVD units are too bulky. Anyone know of anything? Thanks!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Born of parents that never owned or knew how to operate a vehicle, when I did get a rare opportunity to ride in someone else's vehicle, enjoyed looking out the window. Was a rare opportunity to be able to sit in the front seat, begged to do this because I wanted to watch the driver to see what he was doing with all that strange stuff. But was legal back then, illegal today.

My kids purchased vehicle with all that built in crap for entertainment, like paying 20000 bucks for in-vehicle GPS that only add about the cost of two bucks for those chips made by the millions. Can buy a portable DVD player for around 30 bucks grandkids can hold in their lap. But they get way too TV at home anyway, so are already bored stiff with this.

What really works for them are these tablets, under a hundred bucks now loaded with game and puzzle apps. Sure can't look out the window either, tied up like mummies. Also a lot of very entertaining educational games, heck my six year old granddaughter already knows how to read and write, and knows basic math when she graduated from kindergarten. Was a fight between her and her two year younger brother for that tablet, so got him his own. Quite the whiz with it now at three years of age.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts