Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Ksport kontrol pro issue?

6184 Views 22 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  dspeir
I installed ksport kontrol pro coil overs on my 1.4 cruze with 6 speed manual trans, when i take off between half to full throttle in fist gear (sometimes second) i get a small wobble or shake on the front end of the car. I know every bolt is tight and i used lock tight. Has anyone had this issue or know the problem I am having. I'm not even all the way down. The cruze is my first car I have always owned trucks so the coilover set up is new to me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
311 Posts
have you gotten an alignment?

· Premium Member
820 Posts
That i haven't, do you think its a toe in/out issue?
Always go alignement after suspension instalation.

Sometimes when cars are low, hard acceleration can stress the universial joints and be felt as a vibration.

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
Yeah, whenever you lower a car more than 1-2 inches with coilovers what tends to happen is the wheels will gain increased camber and toe[in]. Get it re-aligned, and your problem should be fixed.

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
Is it a wobble, or more of a shudder?

Because from the sounds if it, if it only happens with moderate/aggressive acceleration, it might be wheel hop. Do you have your Traction Control disabled?

· Registered
647 Posts
its none of the above. its the axles. the lower you go and the closer the axle get to being straight the more they shudder. when you go lower you change the degree of axle angle. for every 1/2 degree of angle lost on the spindle side you need to make up for it on the trans side. and at this time that is impossible. the factors builds this into the car so that at normal ride hight you do not feel it. its the same problem trucks have when they are lifted and or lowered big amounts. we call it "Axle bind" what we do to fix it is to remove the axles and pull the cv's apart and grind down where the axle hits the cv cup and that refill with grease and put it all back to getter. or the other fix it to raise the car back up about a 1/2" at a time till it goes away.

unfortunately 1.5" to 2" is about as low as you can go before you start to get some side effects

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
its none of the above. its the axles. the lower you go and the closer the axle get to being straight the more they shudder. when you go lower you change the degree of axle angle. for every 1/2 degree of angle lost on the spindle side you need to make up for it on the trans side. and at this time that is impossible. the factors builds this into the car so that at normal ride hight you do not feel it. its the same problem trucks have when they are lifted and or lowered big amounts. we call it "Axle bind" what we do to fix it is to remove the axles and pull the cv's apart and grind down where the axle hits the cv cup and that refill with grease and put it all back to getter. or the other fix it to raise the car back up about a 1/2" at a time till it goes away.

unfortunately 1.5" to 2" is about as low as you can go before you start to get some side effects
I'm pretty sure jakkarro is lower than he is and he dosnt have that problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I'm pretty sure jakkarro is lower than he is and he dosnt have that problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
true dat! lol i have no problems and im by far the lowest cruze around.I take that back only problem i had was the adjustable endlinks were to short and hit the frame,got fairly annoying so i switched back to the longer stock ones and bam smooth and quiet ride.

· Registered
647 Posts
yes but he is a LS MZO trans...different axles

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.