Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure what exactly made me want to wash my car at 9 o clock at night but it was fun. This isnt the first time i washed my car at this time of the night....I actually remember when i had my LT cruze and i had it maybe a couple months and it was like midnight and i washed my car in my driveway, then i put it back in my garage when i was done. My neighbor came out about ten minutes after i was out there because they were letting out their dog and Kim (my neighbor) was sitting out side and not knowing she was out there lol...she says to me " What the heck are you doing washing your car at this time of the night"? She scared the **** out of me lol. I told her i was bored in my room and didnt want to do it the next day since i wanted to get the majority of my tasks done that day. I know as well as anyone on here from them reading this that im a little attached to my car than normal. To some this might be weird but to me its not. Its reletively easy for me to get attached to my chevy's...and when that happens, i go all out in taking care of it. So when im washing it at wee hours of the night, that means i miss seeing my car that much and just gotta spend some quality time with my baby =]. I mean this is my first "Quote on Quote" new car, and its special to me because its mine which makes it unique to the others, and the CRUZE really fits me completely. To be honest, im more of a muscle car guy, but being realistic, there is no way i can ever afford one so this is my second wise decision. Im glad i bought the cruze. I fell in love with the car since day one and ever since i saw one for the first time and test drove one. One proud owner right here boys and girls!!!=]

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i think i just learned something quick tonight....Its better to wash your car at night because there is literally next to none water spots. Plus it helps when you have the right tools lol. I did a presoak with my water nozzle that comes with a soap cup and you can swithc to pure soap. Its pretty wicked lol. And Well hey if your ever coming through iowa...id be happy to give your ride a awesome FREE handwash =]. Ill have to PM ya my number or something...If you like the offer.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it was worth a shot haha. Ive been trying to do my neighbors LTZ for a long time now and she won let me =[. I told her it would be free but she still said no. Maybe she doesnt understand the idea of detailing lol. Yeah meguiars is my favorite product. Anything in their ultimate line is the bomb. Their ultimate detailers are the best in my book. **** everything is the bomb lol. Especially the wash and wax =]. Id give that a shot...i think you would be impressed by its sudsing action lol. Let alone how well it cleans your paint =]=]

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I've done them after dark too, and while I don't think I've done one at midnight before, I guess I wouldn't rule it out assuming I had decent lighting!

I definitely prefer to wash just before dark or after dark on a really hot/sunny day. Saves a lot of aggravation.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So true Sunline Fan =]. I think i fond when i want to wash my car now.....PURE DARKNESS lol. Plus the sun isnt out, theres really not any heat to cause water spotting...so this is probably what pros wuld recommend in reality. You can wash it in the shade and when the paint is like cold/cool but since its light out, the heat is still there and it almost instantaneously warms up the water and it doesnt take long to spot.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
well it was worth a shot haha. Ive been trying to do my neighbors LTZ for a long time now and she won let me =[. I told her it would be free but she still said no. Maybe she doesnt understand the idea of detailing lol. Yeah meguiars is my favorite product. Anything in their ultimate line is the bomb. Their ultimate detailers are the best in my book. **** everything is the bomb lol. Especially the wash and wax =]. Id give that a shot...i think you would be impressed by its sudsing action lol. Let alone how well it cleans your paint =]=]
If you ever come to Sydney I would be happy for you to wash my Cruze.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
If I ever get to Sydney I will be Surfing and you 2 can wash all of the cruzens in town !
Besides he has to many chores to get to go surfing .

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
If I ever get to Sydney I will be Surfing and you 2 can wash all of the cruzens in town !
Besides he has to many chores to get to go surfing .
If ever you do come to Australia for a surfing holiday, the best surf is in our winter and you see the keen guys out there in their wet suits. We have thousands of beaches right round the country and no holdups at borders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozl-ud1zTo

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang lol. I guess I can't complain. I would love to visit a place like Australia or Italy. I actually plan on going to Hawaii sometime.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Dang lol. I guess I can't complain. I would love to visit a place like Australia or Italy. I actually plan on going to Hawaii sometime.

At least in Australia we speak English. My wife has been to Hawaii a couple of times and she loves it.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well im Italian any way so I can understand their language lol. Yeah I hear alot of great stories from people I know who went to Hawaii :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts